The Job involves systematically translating medical terminology into unique and professional codes for medical personnel and insurance companies to understand and interpret in the course of carrying out their duties.
2 - 4 years
Skills Required :
- Analyze patient charts carefully to know the diagnosis and represent every item with specific codes
- Collect health information as documented by medical specialists and code them appropriately
- Consult medical specialists for further clarification and understanding of items on patient charts to avoid any misinterpretations
- Ensure that codes tally with doctors’ diagnosis
- Advocate for patients where their medical history is needed as evidence
- Be updated about new coding rules as codes change from time to time
- Collect and distribute coding related information and billing issues
- Provide accurate answers to queries on coding
- Assigning CPT, HCPCS & ICD’s based on medical report.
- Ability to handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA).
- Should be updated on the coding guidelines & CMS edits.
- Meeting daily targets in their respective assignments.
Aptitude Skills, Coding Skills, Typing Skills, CPC certification, communication skills, MS Office Suite,
Candidate Attributes :
- Should have at least one year of experience in E&M Services/ Surgery Coding / IVR Coding / Anesthesia Coding
- Candidate must have CPC Certification.
- Should have knowledge of ICD-10.
- Showcase good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good computing knowledge in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Exhibit sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Candidate should be a Life science graduate.
- Thorough understanding of the contents of medical record in order to identify information to support coding.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy physiology of human body.