2 years 0 months
11/25/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Bank, galvanizes international and national efforts, towards achieving its mission to end extreme poverty within a generation and to promote shared prosperity. It does so by providing governments with an integrated package of financing, advisory services, and knowledge, tailored to the development needs of each country.
The World Bank's India Country Management Unit (CMU) is seeking a highly organized, energized and experienced professional, to support the India Program as Team Assistant (TA) based in the World Bank New Delhi Office. The selected candidate will work with External Corporate Relations (ECR) and will carry out a full range of operational and administrative support activities for the team. The ECR team plans, develops, and implements effective communications and outreach strategies in order to improve operational outcomes, as well as to raise awareness and understanding about and improve the image of the World Bank’s projects and programs in India. It helps develop effective professional relationships with key external constituencies (the government and its agencies, parliamentarians, media, civil society, NGOs, and academia); and identifies opportunities for strategic partnerships. As part of its outreach activities, ECR produces written and audio-visual products, manages the website and social media platforms of the Bank in India.
Please note that this is a country office position in India subject to Local Recruitment under the New Delhi India Compensation Plan. If a staff member holding an HQ/ International Position is selected into this Position, then the staff member would convert to a Local Appointment (i.e., a local salary and no expatriate benefits).
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Team Assistants duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
I. Work Plan support:
II. Client Interaction and coordination:
- Monitor and document news coverage about the World Bank’s work in India.
- Maintain a database of external contacts of the Bank using appropriate software.
- Maintain a databank of visual products – photographs and videos – produced by the Bank in India.
- Carry out full range of office support work, including manage travel, meetings and appointments of team members; write minutes for meetings; hire consultants and firms using appropriate office procedures and systems; monitor task budgets etc.
- Maintain up to date filing system in the official repository of the World Bank.
- Draft routine correspondence materials, using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
lll. Other duties:
- Coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
- Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
- Work closely with other staff within the unit to make a significant contribution to the overall achievement of the unit's work program.
- Solves routine queries (e.g., requests requiring file search, general information about the Bank’s work in India etc.)
- Logistical support for various events, e.g. press-conferences, training workshops, etc.
- Provide back-up support for other staff and Task Team Assistants/Program assistants on project and administrative tasks in the assigned cluster and across the New Delhi office, when required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma with 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in English preferred with a good working knowledge of Hindi.
- Technology and systems knowledge - Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management - Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates knowledge of own department's programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation - Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients' needs and complete them professionally.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed- upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Has good knowledge of official unit's language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.