1 year 0 months
11/1/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT applications and support for IFC's operations. There is a rich and diverse landscape of business applications that encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
The Operations unit of CIT (CITOP) currently has major transformation and renewal programs underway – (i) IFC’s operational portal- iPortal which rebuilds the entire frontline operational application and processes through an integrated one-stop shop leveraging modern technology trends. This multi-year program provides an integrated experience for the investment, advisory and trade business lines empowering IFC staff with the necessary tools to productively deliver on the IFC 3.0 strategy. (ii) IFC Intranet, Knowledge and Learning application transformation that provides an integrated experience for IFC staff to find, discover and share knowledge thereby increasing effectiveness and staff productivity. This program has specific focus on driving collaboration and innovation leveraging the latest technologies and tools
CITOP is seeking a IT Solutions Architect, with strong technical skills and demonstrated experience developing enterprise solutions. The position requires a highly motivated and versatile candidate with extensive technical knowledge on the latest tools and platforms in enterprise solutions and strong hands-on experience.
- Serve as a technical specialist on IFC's Operations products and works with staff and contractors to deliver on business needs and requirements for these products
- Work on the development of assigned corporate applications for Investment Operations and Advisory Services. These enterprise grade solutions leverage .Net, Java, Mule ESB, Pega, REST API's, DevSecOps technologies (Azure DevOps) and AWS/Azure cloud services among others
- Interface with business analysts and/or product owners to clarify requirements, oversee the definition of technical specifications and creation of key artifacts in alignment with CIT’s standards
- Work closely with our delivery and application support teams to ensure that the applications handed over are stable, well defined, documented, and easy to maintain
- Ensure corrective action for any system issues and ensure timely escalation of these issue.
- Support the root cause and impact analysis of the issues and propose and validate fixes to address them.
- Establishes and uses systems to monitor the operating efficiency of developed applications and provides proactive correction where necessary.
- Provides clear direction to a team of staff and/or contractors on the delivery of core operations systems.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields with 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably banking & financial sector or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Experience developing, implementing and overseeing the operations of small to medium corporate applications
- Experience in emerging technology industry trends, including Agile, cloud solutions, Big data, DevOps (specifically Azure Devops)
- Experience in Azure cloud platforms specifically, Compute, Storage and Analytics.
- Knowledge and experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks, Solution Design, modeling, design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience in both .NET Core, NodeJS worlds from a solution perspective, involving COTS and bespoke development.
- Strong experience in working with distributed vendor teams and the associated challenges
- Experience in ReactJS, JQuery, .NET Framework, Mule ESB, Pega, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Documentum, SharePoint, O365, Apigee is highly desirable
- Experience working with various stakeholders (business, technology etc.) and conducting workshops to obtain relevant information
- Excellent oral and written communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.