Procurement Engineers oversee the RFQ process for purchasing of technical goods and services for ME operations. Procurement Engineers must have very detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in the industry, and are able to identify companies that sell them.
The Procurement Engineer explores the market with specifications and performance requirements for WHCP/CIS/GMS products, analyzes technical data based on the responses received, re-iterates with bidders, recommending those most desirable using tools like bid comparison tables/ BOQs.
The Procurement Engineer shall provide technical input to the sourcing of suitable product or equipment to meet the technical specifications provided by the Engineering Function. The Procurement Engineer shall screen the supplier responses for technical compliance and liaise with them to select the correct product to be shortlisted for procurement.
The Procurement Engineer works closely with buyers and engineers to issue RFQ, PO the supplier on time, tracks and expedites the pending RFQs and POs.
The Procurement Engineer will review inventory to assess suitability of available product to meet the technical specification and subsequently propose to engineering function for final approval.
The Procurement Engineer also provides assistance in inspection, supplier site visits
Procurement Engineer shall provide input and direction to strategic sourcing as well as technical audits of suppliers as required to ensure robust supply chain.
The Engineering function will approve the final selection prior to purchase order being placed.
The Procurement Engineer will report to SCM Line Manager.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Coordinate with buyers to develop procurement plans post project handover
- Review specifications included in requisition for purchase issued by Engineering Department to ensure all technical requirements are clearly identified, and to identify capable suppliers (both existing and new).
- Issue RFQs, review bids and ensure compliance with technical specifications, coordinating with suppliers for any clarification or deviation
- Prepare schedule of comparison, evaluating both technical and commercial elements
- Short list 2-3 suppliers (where applicable) and forward the technical specs to engineers with recommendation for approval on technical specs
- Reiterate with Engineers and suppliers for finalization of quantity, Technical compliance and quality.
- Ensure that Supplier quotations and technical query responses are tracked until equipment delivery through project wise Procurement Plans with continuous updates.
- Keep accurate records to justify the process and any other related decisions made in this regard
- Coordination with buyers for issuance of Purchase order.
- Tracking and expediting of RFQ with Engineers and Purchase Orders issuance with buyers
- Measured on turnaround time of selected product from date of specification release to date of order placed.
- Measurement of inventory usage savings on procurement
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
The Procurement Engineer should have adequate technical competence and experience to be able to analyse supplier technical data, functional limitations, performance envelope, materials and certification levels to enable fast and accurate suitability assessment.
- Total 2-3 Years in Procurement in Contracting/ Manufacturing Industry desirable
- Experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Knowledge of Middle East markets desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹30,000.00 - ₹45,000.00 per month
- work: 3 years (Preferred)
- total work: 4 years (Preferred)
- Procurement: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Provident fund (PF)
- Paid leaves / Leave encashment
- Meal card / Food coupons
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
- Phone / Internet reimbursement
- Temporarily due to COVID-19