ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Technology Support organisation lies within Technology Services and is responsible for providing 24x7 RTB application to all eCommerce business lines within the bank within CIB. The global team has presence in the UK, Chennai, US and Singapore.
We are looking for a candidate for providing application support for the bank’s strategic ecommerce FX platform who can face off business and meet their demands (trading and sales) and expectations. The candidate should have prior front office experience supporting similar applications and has strong technical and communication skills. The candidate should be adept in prioritizing and judging the nature of the issues and able to context switch between issues and is able to address and resolve them.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- SME role to provide BAU Application support to the Financial markets Ecommerce business.
- eFX Application support
- High Severity incident management
- Change coordination and implementation
- Problem Management
- Engagement with multiple teams within and outside the bank to resolve key production impacting issues
- Root Cause Analysis
- Operational Risk Management.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery/BCM drills
- Performance/stability reviews/improvements
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation
- Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures
- Participate in weekend on-call and public holiday support rota
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong functional knowledge of Financial FX products like spot, NDF, swaps etc.
- Strong functional knowledge of Financial Rates productions like Bonds, Treasuries etc.
- Strong shell/Perl / Python scripting skills. Ability to automate manual task and seek continuous improvement in support performance
- Good understanding in infrastructure setup, O/s memory management, capacity review
- Good understanding in networking concepts and ability to trouble shoot and understand latency issues
- Ability to drive incident bridges by involving all the relevant parties and progressing the issues / outages to closure
- Complete understanding of end to end trade lifecycle
- Very good knowledge of ITRS Geneos / Oracle SQL / KDB
- Ability to own and drive small/ad-hoc project work and deliver to its closure
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Self starter, able to self manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
- Strong team player.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.