We are METRO SERVICES a Captive Technology and Finance Center for €58 billion German retail conglomerate METRO AG.
METRO is a leading international wholesale and food retail specialist. At its core, the group consists of METRO Cash & Carry and Real – with more than 750 wholesale stores in 25 countries.
Established in 2011 in Pune, METRO SERVICES has evolved from being an Accounting COE to managing multiple Business Operations. Being entrepreneurial by nature we are now growing & scaling up our IT operations to offer end to end development & enterprise solutions to our group companies.
Our goal is to deliver competitive advantage by standardizing processes, being compliant, delivering sustainable cost effective solutions and empowering our colleagues to do more for our customers every day.
We are an internal service provider for METRO group, having offices in Pune (India), Dusseldorf (Germany) & Szczecin (Poland). We provide IT & Business operations support to 35 MCC countries, speak 18 languages and process over 18,000 transaction a day. We are setting tomorrow’s standards for customer focus, digital solutions and sustainable business models.
1. Job identification
Designation + Area
Manager Transition & Service Management
Include Matrix reporting Mgrs if any
Reporting to – Operations Director and on a dotted line to Director Expansion (Duesseldorf)
(Local as well as international if any)
All DR’s of Ops Director
(including people down the line in your team)
2. Job purpose & Freedom to act
(Criticality and how your role impacts the company)
Managing and driving transitions, projects and Service Management Reporting for MGBS.
Freedom to act
As per the role of the transition requirements and policy, Service Management Reporting with analysis.
Transitions / Projects - Along with the steering committee, which method or approach to be adopted, staffing of the team, ensuring project benefits, identify opportunities for process improvement across functions.
Service Management Reporting – review of current reporting for relevance and improve the same by providing additional analysis for MGBS / Sales Line management.
3. Internal & External Interfaces
Cross functional & across levels
Internal METRO GROUP:
With GBS Dusseldorf, Poland & customers
Depending on the role requirements
4. Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Spearheading and managing multiple transitions and projects across MGBS (planning, tracing, periodic review, monitoring, risk management)
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment through coordination of project kickoff.
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Create strategies for proactive risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Estimate project resources and staff them accordingly
- Manage Projects within the budgeted cost, timely escalation of issues and their resolutions.
- Ensure adherence to the project management and governance
- Project Transparency – daily/weekly/monthly updates and project progress reported as per agreed schedule
- Leading service management team, ensuring 100% accurate reporting as per agreed timelines
- Report Automation and drive efficiencies.
- Include analysis in the SMT reporting being circulated for better RCA and decision making
5. Required functional skills / Needed Experiences
- Experience : 10+ years in required field
- Graduate – Any Stream
- Team Management: Managed teams in the last role
- Client Management: Managing and engaging key customers
- Crisis Management
- Communication – Excellent written & oral
- Should be in the current role for a minimum period of one year.
- Management of cross functional teams
- Knowledge of MS Office and other Project Management tools
For more information about working at METRO v isit https://www.metrogbs.com
Shared Service Center India
: Dec 2, 2019