Senior Associate Business Analyst/ AVP, Investment Trading Technologies, DBS Treasury & Markets, Technology and Operations - (WD10559)
DBS, Best Bank in the World (Global Finance, 2018) and World's Best Digital Bank (Euromoney, 2018), we are also among the top 20 Great Place To Work™ (GPTW) for BFSI in 2019 is on a mission to reimagine banking. 'Live more, Bank less' is our motto and we aim to make banking a seamless journey for people.
At DBS, we see ourselves as a 26,000-person start-up, that leverages start-up thinking, embraces an Agile culture and adopts the latest technology to design and develop superior solutions.
DBS Treasury & Markets is an Asian leader in treasury and offers a broad range of treasury products and services to individuals, companies and financial institutions. We offer cash and derivative products in foreign exchange, interest rates, equities, commodities and fixed income securities. We are the acknowledged leader in Singapore, with dominance in the Singapore dollar market across various asset classes. We are experts in Asia, committed to extending our leadership in market making, product structuring, distribution and fixed income origination capabilities in Asian currencies. Our nimbleness in structuring products for customers in response to changing market conditions sets us apart from competitors. We look towards digital to improve the distribution and enabled scalability of the delivery of our Treasury & Markets products to various customer segments, with the focus on mid-cap/SME and Wealth segments.
DBS has embarked on Digital transformation journey with the objective to become a truly digital bank. The program focuses on maximizing value by building new applications in open source technologies and/or re-platforming existing applications to modern tech stacks.
- Work with stakeholders to identify & understand the data requirements for building a Data Lake Layer for Treasury and Markets business.
- Plan and participate in co-creation sessions with stakeholders for eliciting requirements.
- Elicit and documents business/user requirements and translate them into user-stories for development
- Manage requirements by continuously clarifying and reviewing them via walkthrough with stakeholders.
- Analyse requirements to drive the design or review of test cases/business model/processes
- Study business requirements, evaluate and provide implementation approach/proposal
- Works closely with Project Manager/Product Owner on project schedule, issues and escalation
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams concurrently and effectively resolve issues or conflicts
- Drive business process change requests on gaps identified and manage a project’s scope and acceptance.
- Work with users to plan for UAT, coordinates and monitor progress and acceptance of UAT.
- Work closely with development team
- Ensure completion of documentations and filings to facilitate software development.
- Knowledge of business/banking i.e. Capital Markets a strong advantage
- Extensive experience as Business Analyst, with a quality-first mindset
- Good business analyst experience in Agile projects/development
- Experiences with web-based and business process software systems implementation
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure, meet deadlines, and to prioritize tasks effectively
- Good written and verbal communication, and able to engage stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Possess user-stories development skills
- Demonstrate motivation to learn new skills and technologies with a growth mindset
- Solid Excel and SQL skills
- Ability to work effectively as individual or with a team to understand and interpret requirements leading to technical implementation.
- Provide inputs to development team for implementation and perform system testing
- Trained in Agile Project Delivery methodology & use of one of the agile delivery methods like Scrum or Kanban.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and with competing priorities
- Minimum 10+ years of BA experience in IT industry
- Excellent Data Analysis Skills. Should have knowledge about different data modelling techniques.