(Briefly describe the main objectives and purpose of the job. Why does the job exist? What is it expected to accomplish?)
EY’s GDS Tax Technology team’s mission is to develop, implement and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams. As a member of EY’s core Tax practice, you’ll develop a deep tax technical knowledge, outstanding database and programming skills to develop and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals.
The Senior Developer role is in the Solution Delivery pillar. The main function of this pillar is to develop and test solutions created to support the Americas Tax Practice.
Essential Functions of the Job:
(Identify and describe essential functions, or primary duties and responsibilities. Assume that the reader does not know the role or function of the job.)
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical design and development of solutions as established by Solution Development Lead
- Estimate technical effort, work breakdown structure, risks and solutions at a solution level
- Monitor adherence to methodologies, tools and KPIs.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ability to maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers and stakeholders across own and other teams.
- Provide input to application development/engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Anticipate problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; work with team to find solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution.
(Describe the kind of problems and challenges typically faced, and decisions required to perform the job, as well as recommendations made to supervisors or others. Focus on the nature of existing policies, precedents and procedures used to guide decisions, and the degree to which the incumbent is free to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment. Provide an example.)
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
(Describe the knowledge or skills needed to perform this job; these may be technical, managerial or behavioral in nature.)
- Full Stack Web Developer (.Net, .Net Core).
- MVC, Single page application, Design Pattern, Typescript (Angular or Vue), WebApi, Entity Framework / ADO.Net.
- SQL Commands, Stored Procedures, DB performance tuning.
- Exposure to 3rd party controls like Telerik or Kendo UI,
- Working Knowledge of Development Methodologies like Agile,
- Working knowledge of Version Control Using GIT/ TFVCExposure to CICD and Microservices, Azure Cloud platform are added advantage.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, and implementing applications through logical life cycles for their portfolio of projects.
- Good communication skill and awareness of new and emerging technologies.
(Describe the level of supervision received (i.e., the frequency of supervisory contact, degree to which the individual acts independently and on what kinds of issues). Describe the level of supervision of others, if any (i.e., assigning work, reviewing performance, direct or indirect responsibility).
- Works with limited direction and oversight
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
(Describe other functions or expectations of the job such as whether overtime is regularly required (e.g., during busy season?), whether there are particular times of the year that vacation may not be taken, whether there is frequent travel, whether there are any physical requirements beyond those expected in a normal office environment or any other miscellaneous things about the job that should be made known.)
(What is the minimum level of education needed/suggested to perform this job?)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree preferred
(What is minimum number of years needed/suggested to perform this job?)
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Management experience a plus
(Describe and explain any certifications and/or licenses needed or helpful to perform this job).
This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.