Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
In Smiths Medical, one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, we touch the lives of millions of people every day. Our colleagues are focused on providing innovative, lifesaving solutions for patients around the world.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
- The Regional Business Manager manages all sales activity for the full Smiths Medical product portfolio within an assigned region
- Setting of success criteria, providing leadership for achievement of goals for the regional sales team, forecasting, analyzing and reporting on sales, implementing policies, and maintaining budget.
- Directs the region’s sales personnel and works cross-functionally with other internal Smiths Medical departments to maximize sales efforts.
- Acts as a liaison between headquarters and field to ensure effective two-way communication that will drive results.
- Establishes, defines and manages to a clear strategic direction and goal attainment targets for the regional sales team
- Develops annual sales plans, strategies, and tactics for the region to enhance Smiths Medical's competitive position and meet customer needs, in coordination with Smiths Medical's national sales and business plans.
- Provides regular updates, revisions and modifications to the plan to upper sales management.
- Partners with various business leaders to develop sales plans that are valid, effective and realistic objectives that are tied to the overall business objectives and goals.
- Executes the regional sales plan to meet the objectives of the company’s overall business plan and strategy, including budgeted revenue and gross margin goals.
- Recruits, directs, and develops all field sales personnel within the region to drive individual and group performance.
- Defines and manages the monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives for all field sales personnel.
- Proactively monitors and reports on issues affecting the region, including pricing, competitive pressures, distribution, talent, market / industry movements and other business and / or customer challenges that impact regional performance.
- Provide support and coaching to sales personnel in assigned region to facilitate a high level of product sales and contribute to corporate and divisional objectives.
- Provide assistance to sales personnel with prospect identification.
- Work with KAMs, AMs and HSM in the field to provide necessary support and assistance in resolving customer issues and driving performance in accounts.
- Provide overall management of assigned sales region.
- Perform regional sales forecasting, analysis, and reporting.
- Contribute to divisional, regional, and individual goal setting and planning processes.
- Maintain regional budget and review/approve expense reports.
- Communicate and implement company policies within assigned area.
- Work directly with Corporate Accounts, when necessary, to establish field contact with corporate offices located within regional boundaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field. Seven to ten years sales experience, with at least five within the medical industry. Two years previous supervisory or project leadership experience is also recommended.
- Demonstrated track record for sales growth and new business development.
- Has deep domain knowledge and experience selling the various SMNA product franchises, and has relevant, current contacts in these spaces.
- Is entrepreneurial in approach to the sales leadership role. Is driven by growth opportunities and challenges inherent with building a sales organization in a highly competitive market space.
- Strategic thinker. Believes in taking a logical and comprehensive approach to the sales process. Builds and works from comprehensive regional sales plans. Able to work with complex issues and create long-term strategies.
- Comfortable in fast changing environments. Can look at issues from a fresh viewpoint and quickly adapt to changes created by the marketplace.
- Has great presence. Uses language effectively to persuade others and build commitment for ideas and initiatives. Makes compelling, convincing cases for his / her positions. Very effective negotiator and dynamic speaker. Captures others on an emotional level.
- Clearly defines expectations and articulates ideas, thoughts and views. Provides frank, direct, and timely feedback to others. Results-oriented.
- Likes to be in charge and be influential. Is driven by achieving extraordinary results and leading others. Excellent aptitude for holding self and others accountable to a high standard of performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.