23! You will be part of this 23 member team of next generation Safety Leaders generating scientific (safety related) inputs for numerous compounds spread across nine exciting Therapeutic Areas.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide rotating support to the TAs according to the needs for delivery activities, i.e. co-authoring safety documents and assisting in providing safety input to regulatory and clinical documents, as well as ad hoc Health Authority queries.
- Assist the TA Safety Leads in monitoring the safety profile of products including with activities such as literature review, medical review/evaluation of individual cases or signal detection. Medical review of single case reports will be performed by associates possessing medical degree.
- Perform Literature review for PSUR inclusion and assessment of literature for ICSRs. Provide support for the preparation of ad hoc Health Authority queries for TAs, also in particular for short term notice requests.
- Together with the Safety Leads, co-author the PSUR, in particular provide medical inputs to sections 15, 16, 17, 18, including analytical input to PSUR for known and potential risks defined in the RMP. Perform follow up activities on Health Authority Assessment Reports.
- Assist in providing safety input to Regulatory Affairs and clinical documents (for CDS and IB RSI), Support maintenance and management of local deviations (SMPC, USPI, Japanese PI). Assist in evaluating and writing other safety deliverables including but not limited to clinical overviews, Development Safety Profiling Plan (d-SPP), and Development Safety Update Report (DSUR).
- Perform Empirica outputs review and signal tracking in SMART. Provide safety input (Addendum to Clinical Overview) for license renewal documents. Provide support as needed for new indication submission (regulatory document safety input).
- Co-author medical assessment of product quality issues. Assist in the preparation of Product Guidance Documents (PGDs) for marketed products. Contribute to the development and update of RMPs in collaboration with Safety Heads, coordination with other functions, and tracking.
- Prepare responses to internal safety requests and contribution to responses to external safety queries. Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Medical Operations/ Medical Function (participation in initiatives). Lead the training and mentoring of junior Medical Safety Experts.
- MBBS or MD is required. Good knowledge/fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages desirable. May be a first job in the pharmaceutical industry for an MD with 3 or more years of clinical experience after graduating from medical school
- Experience in safety document or medical writing including experience coding with MedDRA and WHO dictionaries in preparation of these reports preferred
- Excellent understanding of clinical trial methodology, GCP and medical terminology. Attention to detail and quality focused
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Strong negotiation and communication skills, and the ability to operate effectively in an international environment
- Excellent understanding of physiology, pharmacology, clinical study objectives, and the drug development process
- Strong technical and problem solving skills; Good presentation skills; Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, creation of spreadsheets, templates, presentations and working with safety databases/applications.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, demonstrate
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Global Drug Development
CMO & PATIENT SAFETY GDD
Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Research & Development