We are interested in smart, analytical, proactive people who are passionate about computer science, and who know and appreciates the importance of a clean environment and proper release process to ensure a clean working environment after every deploy. The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated and target-oriented person with an exceptional track record. The person should have the ability to identify technical gaps and opportunities, and the acumen to remediate them. Work will consist of prototyping and development in existing and new technologies, support, and enhancement; advancing this space into a truly robust and scalable platform.
Education Level :
- The position is based in Pune, India and is required to manage builds and deployments.
- This role will report to the local manager in Pune.
- The candidate will be part of build management team supporting Equiteis Technology Applications.
- The candidate will work with many different development groups within Citi.
- Requires good technical, analytical skills and highly ethical conduct.
- Applies skills and knowledge to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
Bachelor’s degree / B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech (in computers, information technology or equivalent)
The team directly working with Delta-one and risk and Derivatives business and application teams and directly reporting to local lead in Pune. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Work closely with various development teams and facilitate them to move their applications to strategic continuous integration and delivery tools and cloud based enterprise container service platforms.
Development and release Process
Partner with developments team for painless integration of SCM into daily development practices.
- Strategize on best practices for ongoing parallel development, featuring branching, merging, and common library management.
- Perform multiple daily builds for multiple software releases. Must be able to support multiple code lines.
Build and release processes
Accountable to Software Development manager for researching and implementing new, and maintaining existing workflow processes.
- Work closely with Application team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards.
- Manage build communication channels and document build procedure.
Product Packaging and delivery
Accountable to deliver a deployable representation of the products packaged for a release.
- Coordinate build schedules between Development, Database, QA, and Operations.
- Work with all areas of application delivery to ensure the build/deploy process is serving the needs of the business.
- 7+ year’s relevant experience in, build/packaging/release engineering and configuration/environments management with solid knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle and Dev ops principles
- Knowledge of Agile Processes and Continuous Integration, Continuous delivery, Dev ops principles.
- Experience with automated build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins
- Experience with sophisticated source code control tools such as Git, BitBucket, Artifactory, and TFS.
- Experience on containerization/Docker, openshift with orchestration tools Kubernetes
- Expertise on various scripting languages GO, YAML, Python, Perl, Shell or other scripting technology.
- Sound knowledge of Linux based eco systems
- Experience with sophisticated deploy tools like UrbonCode Deploy, OpenShift, Docker.
- Experience with build utilities like MSBUILD, Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Experience on PaaS, IaaS cloud based platform
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to build processes from ground level and facilitator to change traditional way of build and release management to latest continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional team
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with frequent software releases.
- Must possess solid communication skills.
GOOD TO HAVE
- Comfortable in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Knowledge of ELK stack will be plus
- Knowledge of any reverse proxy tool like Apache, Nginx will be plus
- Knowledge of micro service architecture will be plus
- Prior experience building a common source base on multiple platforms.
- Software development experience (C++/C#/Java) .
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated methodologies
- Ability to work as part of team and independently