JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
About Wealth Management
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. Our teams deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets. The Private Bank is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning.
About Investment Solutions
Investment Solutions provides Wealth Management clients with investment solutions across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds.
About the Solutions Product Development Team
Our team designs and implements managed solutions across Wealth Management. This involves building, maintaining and developing strong relationships with both internal and external investment managers and internal corporate partners (e.g. trading specialists, corporate lawyers, tax specialists, compliance and risk management) to deliver active and passive investment solutions to Wealth Management.
Among its core activities and in partnership with internal stakeholders, the team leads proactive conversations with internal and external investment managers to ensure Wealth Management’s investment platform needs are fulfilled. The process requires: leading structured reviews of legal distribution agreements, leading the coordination work with internal corporate partners to ensure the tradability of selected vehicles onto J.P. Morgan systems, and consulting with internal partners on the implementation of changes to product features such as benchmarks, guidelines etc.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as part of the Product Development group for an Analyst to support the product management activities of the Global Core, Advisory and Funds Product Development team.
- Support the team for tasks relating to the product management cycle:
o on-boarding of active, passive investment funds and ETFs, based on business priorities
o implementation of product benchmark, guideline and fee changes to our investment products
- Manage relationships with product stakeholders across regions and functions; provide assistance and information to business partners, operations, control teams and portfolio managers relating to product management
- Lead projects relating to the product including those driven by business and regulation; track progress made against project timeline and proactively report periodically on key highlights, next steps and issues
Maintain and proactively recommend enhancements to ongoing product MIS
Coordinate across the diverse perspectives of Legal, Risk, Compliance, Operations and Investment teams to deliver product management initiatives
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proactively recommend enhancements to product features, client experience and processes
- Organise calls, document minutes & project steps, ensuring effective timing and sequencing of deliverables to meet tight deadlines
- Track project timelines and progress including reporting on key highlights, next steps and issues
The ideal applicant would have broad knowledge of discretionary products:
- Understands managed products such as mutual funds, EU domiciled regulated mutual funds (UCITS), ETFs, separately managed accounts and discretionary services – familiarity with associated regulatory framework is preferred
- Proven experience in asset or wealth management industry is an advantage
- Detail-oriented with excellent planning, organizational and process management skills
- Exceptional data analysis/quantitative/technical aptitude with ability to quickly learn new processes, and datasets
- Good presentation skills; excellent communication, interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Team worker with the ability to work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment to build consensus
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions oriented mindset and a fast learning curve
- Highly competent with core MS Office applications – e.g. Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal English required