The role of the Community Facilitator for Mangalore. It is a one year contract likely to be extended.
The Job Description is as follows:
- Organize wastepickers in their work or respective living areas
- Complete survey of wastepickers
- Facilitate provision of social security for wastepickers and their families
- Report writing of all the activities in the frequency determined by the team.
- Photo documentation of all the activities done.
- Support managing office space and logistics of organization when required
- Facilitate formation of an organization of wastepickers
- Training the wastepickers on use of PPE and safety equipment
- Design and implement Campaigns to reduce water pollution.
- Any other role that may be deemed necessary by the core team
- Minimum Qualification should be a Graduate or 5 years experience working with informal sector workers/ grassroots organizing
- Should be a Computer literate with MS Word, Excel & Power Point Presentation
- Ability to understand and create opportunity for livelihoods for wastepickers and their children
- To Coordinate with Local and State Officials
- To speak, read and write Kannada and English
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading a team
Job Type: Full-time
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary(10th Pass) (Preferred)