- At least 2 years of work experience in web design / graphic design production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/engineering or equivalent professional experience required
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the web and web based devices
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
- In-depth HTML5 & CSS3 knowledge
- Demonstrated compositional and typographical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
Amazon D1 Creative is a global, internal creative agency. Our expertise ranges from brand development to high-volume content production, with studio capabilities in design, UX, video and photography. We partner with Amazon businesses to delight customers and drive engagement.
Amazon India is looking for a talented, customer-focused visual designer to join our team. Your primary focus will be to create elegant, on-brand designs that provide a superior retail experience working in close collaboration with art directors, UX designers, site merchandizers, product management, business teams and designers across international locations.
What are we looking for in you?
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to conceptualize stylish, elevated ideas. In addition, they should have the ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines in a fast-paced production environment for Amazon.in. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital expertise, intrinsic design abilities, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. An online portfolio of work is REQUIRED.
- Designing branded promotional graphics and pages
- Create customer-centric designs by integrating marketing objectives, target audience and creative assets
- Work on HTML5 banner creation
- Optimizing digital images for web
- Developing clean and effective graphic templates and style guides
- Fulfilling multiple project requests while simultaneously meeting tight deadlines
- Acting as design liaison between design and retail category business team
- Work with the Art Directors to develop campaign concepts for new products and services
- Present design work to site merchandizing team, the user experience team and executives for review and feedback
- Manage communication and upload of final graphic assets to Amazon image server
- Experience working with a design style guide or branding guidelines
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend your design decisions
- Illustration experience
- Experience working on web front-end development projects
- Experience in e-commerce