About The Role:
This role requires managing Mother Hub (Sortation Centres) operations. The incumbent would be heading a Region or state and managing middle mile operations, people and key stakeholders ensuring that the management expectations are met and the operations run smoothly without ambiguity. This person would be the bridge between leadership and the ground operations. Person would also be solving day to day operational issues and ensuring that the set targets / SLA’s are met. There would be a team of Assistant Manager’s Reporting under this position. The role will report to Facility Manager.
About The Team:
Motherhub (MH) acts as an aggregation and sortation centre for moving shipments from Fulfilment centres (FC) and Seller clusters to Delivery hubs across the network. Economies of Scale: MH supports FC’s for efficient order fulfillment. MH enables optimized utilization of transportation capacity. MH sorts at delivery hub level to improve Last Mile productivity. Differentiate Service and Speed; Scale can be leveraged to remove speed constraints. Sortation based on product characteristics, category/customer preference and network ask.
What you’ll need:
What you’ll do:
- Graduate (preferred – candidates from Tier I/II MBA institutes)
- 12 years+ of experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Warehousing/Logistics Operations
- Should have managed a large team of On-Rolls and Off rolls (1200+) 24/7 Shift.
- Experience in Sort center is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge on Transport Management solutions (preferred but not mandatory)
- Manage IR issues on the floor – Inside and outside issues.
- Having strong knowledge of operational issues. High level of accountability and responsibility.
- Strong People Orientation and skills to manage a large team.
- Take end-to-end responsibility of ensuring seamless operations at Mother hub.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Managers in their zones, measures performance, provides feedback, and holds managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
- Leverages the Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas for improvements and drive implementation of the same. Should be able to think strategically; think short and long term objectives.
- Works closely with Central Team, Planning, HR and Finance to ensure manpower requirements are met. Perform RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis) and identify potential opportunities for improving supply chain operations.
- Support Design team in pilot & rollout of new projects around performance improvement.
- Should have string design and lean thinking, EHS (Environment , Health and Safety) Compliance.
- Liaise with respective zonal operations team on smooth rollout of new initiatives towards quality improvement.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders & support functions and identify/implement actions towards achievement of cost, speed and reliability targets.