Requisition Title:Assistant General Manager - International Brands (Delhi)
Primary Location:IND-Delhi-ABCIL - Delhi
Introduction about the Business_1
A US $40 billion corporation the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group operates in 36 countries Australia Austria Bangladesh Brazil Canada China Egypt France Germany Hungary India Indonesia Italy Ivory Coast Japan Korea Laos Luxembourg Malaysia Myanmar Philippines Poland Russia Singapore South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Tanzania Thailand Turkey UAE UK USA and Vietnam.Grasim Industries Limited an Aditya Birla Group company ranks among India's largest private sector companies. Grasims Pulp & Fibre business is a pioneer in Viscose Staple Fibre VSF a manmade wholly biodegradable fibre with characteristics akin to cotton. An extremely versatile and easily blendable fibre VSF is widely used in apparels home textiles dress material knitted wear and nonwoven applications. Grasims Pulp & Fibre business is the world's largest producer of Viscose Staple Fibre with consistent global market leadership.It operates in an integrated value chain involving plantation which the business has taken up in Lao PDR pulp manufacturing India Canada and Sweden and Fibre manufacturing India Indonesia Thailand and China.A Global Leader with operations in seven countries the Pulp & Fibre business touches customers across 63 countries with its brand Birla Cellulose.
1. Scanning and mapping International Brands Indian Global Supplier – Brands, RMG Exports and Buying house. To create target list of potential value chain partners and buyers and to further strengthen the International Brand/Retail market of India by enhanced customer engagement.
a) Scan the available info on International brands in India both Knits and Woven. Map and shortlist product/category profile of brands & value chain partners supplying them.
b) Understand the business model of the value chain partners ( Tier 1 to Tier 4), their product and category presence, pricing, customer and vendor profiles to strengthen the list of major players which can be pivotal in continued growth of BC
c) Understand and service the backward and forward linkages of the target markets.
d) Prioritizing activities and initiatives in the Indian market.
2. Market development in the above markets of successful BC products.
a) Engage with customers with shortlisted BC products already in our basket which can fit their product profile.
b) Coordinating with hubs to create a vendor base to ensure link-ups for all successful products.
c) Extending support to the value chain partners through TRADC for sustained market development
3. Product Development and serviceability to International Brands and Retail - a) Scan the market for differentiated products in terms of technology, fibre, applications etc. and continuously update Product Development team.
b) Vet our product development concepts and obtain feedback from value chain partners for optimization.
c) Select Partners for initial adoption through support on innovation and Technical and Technology transfer etc to increase volumes through partners.
4. Promoting new Applications perfected at TRADC& Hub partner development /elsewhere into user segments a) Scan the market on multiple parameters like Product design, value proposition, market size, growth commercial scenario etc. to select the appropriate application to be developed from concept to commercialization.
b) Vet the applications developed with value chain partners for feedback and optimization.
c) Co-ordinate with TRADC with clear plan on volumes to be generated for the new application and also for Technology transfer for new adopters for the application.
5. Image building through Co-creation, program based working efforts and Exhibitions.
a) Identifying volume and image leaders in specific categories.
b) Initiate discussions in Co-creation possibilities across various products/categories.
c) Select a few critical ones and work on a time bound agreement to execute the same.
d) Visibility in relevant textile exhibitions and create follow-up engagement with visitors at the exhibition for new business opportunities.
6. Integrating with major Hubs in India for downstream market link-up.
a) Supporting the spinners who are our direct customers by creating a pull from the downstream industry.
b) Finding vendors for partnering in the growth of our customers (finding vendors for processing, weaving, finishing, garmenting etc.)
MBA - Marketing / B. Tech - Textiles / NIFT Graduate with 9-12 yrs. Sales & Marketing / Merchandising experience with Global Brands, RMG Exporters, Buying House.
Excellent Business verbal and written communication skills.
Indian Rupee (INR)
9 - 12 Years
Reports to: General Manager
Last Date of Application
Sep 20, 2019, 6:29:00 PM