Senior Executive – Supply Chain
Manager - Warehouse & Distribution.
Shared Services Division
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This role will be part of the W&D Supply Chain Team. Our Team manages the Receipts, Storage and Dispatches of materials across Divisions. India Distribution Network has a foot-print across locations in India split between Central Stocking Point in Bhiwandi and Regional/ Local Stocking Points in Regions.
The Central Stocking Point in Bhiwandi support varied Product range viz: Spares/ Consumables/ Chemicals and Equipment’s
Role & Responsibilities
- The position is responsible for ensuring Core Operations, Controls & Process Improvements in W&D
The position is responsible for ensuring Core Operations, Controls & Process Improvements in W&D
Inventory Controls -
- Responsible to Ensure Controls across W&D. Work on implementing Inventory control processes across WHs – Movement of materials to Block stocks, Non-moving Inventory, SAP Transaction hygiene, Sales return, etc.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to Safety Process and Practices across Local Stock Points/ Regional Stock points.
- Ensuring legal, regulatory and corporate compliance requirements for warehousing and to drive structured improvements in Warehousing & Distribution operations on a continual basis
- Drive Perpetual Cycle count across WHs PAN India level and publish IRA and Hygiene update on a weekly basis.
- Track SIT on a weekly basis and get the resolution with respective WH leads
- Circulate near expiry list to Commercial teams on a monthly basis.
- Implement and review daily cycle counts across CSP and LSPs
- Plan for Annual PI with WH teams and get timely closure of the same.
- Support LSP Operations if required
Use of PPI to solve Problems –
- Use PPI as a tool to resolve operational issues across Local Stock Points/ Regional Stock points. (Use of tools like 5 Why analysis, Fishbone, etc.)
- Will co-ordinate Annual Physical Inventory across Local Stock Points/ Regional Stock points and Central Stock Point
Safety and Compliance -
- Ensure Safety standards are maintained at all Local and Regional stock points
- Ensure legal, regulatory and corporate compliance requirements for warehousing and transportation and to drive structured improvements in Warehousing & Distribution operations on a continual basis
Key Performance Indicators-
Service levels – Maintain service levels of 99% execution of Delivery orders on Day 0.
Work closely with Transportation team to ensure hand over of materials before cut-off times.
Inventory related - IRA - > 99.5%, LRA > 99%, Blocked stocks – ZERO controllable, Damages – ZERO controllable
Cost – Within AOP - Local Stock Points/ Regional Stock point Budgets – Plan vs Actuals
Statutory Compliance – 100% adherence
100% Compliance to Contracts across W&D
100% adherence to Safety Standards
Weekly MIS for Cycle count, Block stock generation, SAP Transaction hygiene across WHs
Pending Delivery Orders across Local Stock Points/ Regional Stock points < Rs 5 lacs per day
Contractual agreements with Local Stock Points/ Regional Stock points.
Filling of Returns – on monthly and quarterly basis.
Execution of contracts
Projects – to be executed within timelines
Skills and Abilities
- Result orientation & speed of execution
- Should have thorough knowledge of W&D Processes
- Should have strong numerical ability
- Drive change management
- Good Analytical skills
- Customer Centric – Understands Customers need
- Excellent oral and written communication and coordination skills
- Familiar with SAP- WMS and excellent in usage MS Office.
- Strong Process Orientation. PPI / Six Sigma orientation
- Experience of managing 3PL and controlling remotely – will be an added advantage.
Bachelor’s degree in Relevant certifications are a plus.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Minimum Experience of 7-9 years in relevant positions meetings the required skills and abilities.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.