Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems on assigned shift. Assists with the coordination of urgent and complicated support issues. Acts as Service Desk shift lead at the India Service Desk. Acts as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Determines root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for Service Now incident management on the assigned working shift. Assigns and assists with incidents and tasks to team members. Provides call logging, problem resolution, tracking and escalation for issues using Service Now
- Provides hardware, software and network Service Desk support via phone email and remote support to global Ciena employees, contractors and partners.
- Actively participates in Service Desk Critical Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis and Knowledge Management.
- Provides Service Now data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT Service Desk Manager and IT Sr. Service Desk Manager and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly meetings. Drives Ticket Deep Dive and assists local manager with local team improvements in triage and resolution of reported incidents. Monitors and manages phone queue.
- Assists in communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
You will receive notification of your successful application
Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process