Total & Relevant Experience : 7+ Years
Job Location: Bangalore or Chennai.
1. Responsible for handling escalated incidents and High Availability environment incident Management on UNIX Platform [HPUX, LINX, Solaris].
2. Problem Management on UNIX platform. Perform Root Cause Analysis using quality tools.
3. Change Management: Prepare Implementation, backout and test plan for Change records. Perform risk and impact analysis for changes.
4. Configuration Management: CMDB audits and regular updates of CMDB.
5. Routine Performance Analysis, Capacity analysis, security audit analysis reports to customer for necessary planned changes
6. HA engineering for architecture of HA environment with OS / patch Release management, Application load and maintain configuration of Central OS image servers.
7. Scripting for monitoring/ automating the Sys admin activity for change scheduled as projects on multiple servers
8. Analysis of availability, configuration management for reporting to customer
9. Disaster Recovery planning and conducting DR tests.
10. Responsible for Standard Operating procedures issuance to incident management team.
11. Prepare Service delivery reports
12. Routine Performance Analysis, Capacity analysis, security audit analysis reports to customer for necessary planned changes
13. Responsible for creating and maintaining Standard Operating procedures for incident management team.
14. Indentify and drive continual improvement program in UNIX environment and improve the service efficiency.
Bachelor of Engineering or 3 Year regular Diploma in electronics or Computer Science
Experience in working with ITIL based delivery model
Work experience as a sys admin in enterprise class environment.
Work experience on High Availability (Clusters) implementation, configuration and troubleshooting.
Work experience on UNIX virtualization products.
Experience in Shell/Perl scripting, security hardening and security tools.
Interpersonal sensitivity and customer responsiveness
Strong consulting skills, flexibility and resourcefulness
Ability to communicate complex technical contents plainly and simply
Good communication and interpersonal skill are mandatory.
(MCSE/MCTS/MCITPSA/MCITPEA/ITIL V3 certification is Preferred).