Caution against fraudulent job offers!
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte India (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
We have not authorised any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
We consider candidates on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party in exchange of promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorised or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Real Estate Consulting—Manager
Real Estate Consulting team is a part of the Deloitte Advisory group. As a professional in this team, you will work with Deloitte US teams to provide valuation and advisory services to various clients with their real estate business decisions. You will provide services in various market offerings like real estate property valuations/ appraisal services, purchase price Allocations, debt valuations, property tax valuations, IBR/ROU analysis, highest and best-use studies, market research, lease abstraction, lease audit, due diligence and regulatory services.
Work you will do
- Manage and supervise a growing team of real estate valuation professionals in India; facilitate communication between them and their U.S. counterparts. Develop best practices to manage the operations
- Develop familiarity with and manage the application of U.S. valuation methodologies and techniques in the delivery of products and services
- Valuation of different real estate assets like office, retail, multifamily, industrial, hotels, data center for the purpose of merger and acquisition, annual reporting, purchase price allocation, tax assessment and impairment
- Due diligence to assess the strengths and weakness of a merger/acquisition through an in-depth analysis, market data, verifying contractual terms, cash flow analysis (Argus/Excel), lease abstraction and encumbrances analysis
- Providing lease advisory services - abstraction of contract terms of a lease for the purpose of record keeping, due diligence, lease audits, lease accounting and to identify potential revenue enhancement clauses
- Determine Incremental Borrowing Rate (“IBR”) for the purpose of calculating lease liability and right of use asset under new lease accounting standard
- Commercial mortgage underwriting and loan valuation services
- Test valuation methodologies and assumptions used by management or third-party appraisers to check reasonableness and applicability of the analysis
- Review work products and deliverables, and assist in the quality review of deliverables produced by the real estate valuation team in India
- Develop and build relationships with real estate valuation clients and professionals in the U.S. up to and including partners, principals and directors
- Participate in recruiting new staff;
- Develop, coach and mentor junior and mid-level staff, inculcating the professional services culture; and
- Monitor the continuing education and training of the team in India, technically and otherwise; and help to keep the team up to date with current best practice globally and in the U.S.
- Participate on other Deloitte Advisory engagements outside Real Estate Consulting, whenever required
At Deloitte Advisory, our Real Estate consultants provide a full range of advisory services to numerous clients. Our wholly owned subsidiary at Hyderabad employs professionals who work closely with our US professionals to respond quickly and efficiently to the complex and diverse needs of our clients. We help our clients by providing solutions to their long-term strategic goals, specifically targeted at real estate investments, assets, and debt. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex issues and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business’ efficiencies.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (MBA/PGDM) with specialization in finance
- 7-10 years of experience in real estate industry or any other valuation profile. Familiarity with US commercial and retail real estate markets is an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of concepts related to real estate valuation. Knowledge of valuation standards such as ASC 820, ASC 805, ASC 842 etc will be a plus
- Familiarity with lease advisory services including lease abstraction and lease administration
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms,
and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”)
does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that
operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the
rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Copyright © 2017 Deloitte Development LLC. All rights reserved.
- Experience in building and leading growing teams, project management and client relationships, preferably with a cross-border component; and
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience of managing multiple teams and projects concurrently (end to end) will be an advantage.
- Professional certification, such as CFA, FRM, CPA, MAI, RICS
- Prior experience in real estate valuation as consultant or similar advisory services
- Knowledge of Argus and Dyna
- Experience in handling operations for offshore teams
\\“Deloitte\\” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited DTTL, a UK private company limited by guarantee. Each member firm provides services in a particular geographic area and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. DTTL does not itself provide services to clients. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are separate and distinct legal entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts or omissions and not those of each other. Each DTTL member firm is structured differently in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other entities.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of DTTL. Like DTTL, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
Deloitte Tax LLP