GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the processing environment to protect production systems critical to the success of the business.
- Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing operations.
- Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective processing team.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the processing area.
- Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Develops and implements team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
- Develops and executes project plans, budgets and schedules for documentation of work and results.
- Develops, manages and forecasts the budgets for the relevant cost centers.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of all processing phases
- Knowledge of processing administration and processing activities and controls
- Knowledge of FIS products and systems
- Proficiency in client communication and escalation management
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- Proficiency to effectively supervise, lead and manage staff members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others
- Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline
- Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
- Proficiency to operate independently
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level management role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Has full understanding of all operations processing policies and procedures. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. Coaches staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires six or more years of experience and up to one year leadership responsibility or the equivalent combination of education and experience in an operations processing organization.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here and here
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability