Your field of responsibility
This role is responsible for management of commercial and contractual aspects within the IT Software spend category globally. A key part of the role includes developing and maintaining successful relationships with suppliers, peers, and internal business partners on a global basis.
Scope of Role:
- Procurement activities within one spend category / Cross category requisition processing & Catalogue maintenance
- Autonomy: Works independently, Individual contributor for operational delivery with join accountability
- High dependency on others for assigning specific tasks, assuring quality deliverables, setting direction, making decisions, and influencing other colleagues
- Deliverables are largely self-contained with few dependencies on people or deliverables outside the local work group. Organizational environments typically require coordination amongst a limited work group or team
Sourcing & Procurement:
- When asked provide respective inputs as contributor into the category strategy. E.g. Vendor spend analysis, market research or review, Procurement perspective on strategy elements given high volume of transactions seating with Procurement
- Accountable for end-to-end sourcing process and procurement activities execution as per defined work allocation (e.g. Sub-Category, Vendor Tiering, Region, Thresholds). E.g. Sourcing events, Contract renewal negotiations, Contract terminations, benchmark, price queries, market research, processing requisitions following respective process and checklist, suggesting automations, process improvements like tools, checklist or process steps simplification
- Responsible for respective IBPs & Vendor relationship mgmt. as per defined work allocation (e.g. Sub-category, Vendor tiering, region, threshold)
- Actively manage relationships with senior Internal Business Partners (DIR and MD level), actively manage 3rd party vendors relationships with senior partners
- Very good partnership with Strategic Procurement teams and other partners understood as balancing all parties views and interests
Your future colleagues
The Tactical Procurement Team is responsible for the bank's global sourcing and procurement activities. The team optimally sources external goods and services for Credit Suisse (CS) by applying best-practices while mitigating key commercial, contractual reputational risks to the Bank.
As a valued partner, we strive to work collaboratively with internal business partners and key vendors to deliver increasingly high-quality and efficient sourcing services through: commercial-valued and risk-mitigated sourcing, analytical insights and market expertise, driving vendor innovation, supporting select third-party agreements during the fulfillment phase.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
Minimum 6-8 years of relevant industry experience
Graduate in any subject area
Core Skills & Capabilities
Able to perform analysis / problem solving with limited manager input, seeks out knowledge of market innovations and impactful sourcing strategies when needed to complete a sourcing event.
Technical Domain expertise / SME:
Demonstrate solid domain knowledge within his/her area of responsibility.
Ability to execute medium deals that cut across outsourcing, software and other IT / non-IT categories.
Able to manage end-to-end delivery of a medium (i.e. strategic, with global impact across regions and/or divisions, innovative) sourcing activities.
Able to work independently driving complex, cross-category sourcing deals
Consults GC for guidance on a regular basis.
Regulatory, compliance and risk expertise
Compliance with all regulations and processes. Third-party reg / compliance / risk knowledge - consults SRC or other internal groups for guidance on a regular basis or does not consult on aspects that require their input. Ability to inform / educate IBPs with limited SRC support.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be detail oriented and highly organized
Excellent collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills
Outstanding presentation skills, including experience using Excel pivot tables and PowerPoint to support analytical techniques and presentation of data
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
Tenacious and resilient approach. Skilled in forming relationships; confident, firm, empowering and positive in his/her attitude towards people and of personal stature and reputation to ensure ready acceptance within the company and to create a favorable representation of the company department internally and to external parties
Collaborative style, including experience navigating through matrix organizational responsibilities, organizational change, and working across all global regions, global time zones and teams to elicit successful and collaborative approaches and solutions
Outstanding solution focus
Ability to facilitate / quasi project manage various procurement / contract partners (internal, vendor) and subject matter areas, and to move them towards acceptable negotiated solutions
Ability to build process flow diagrams in Visio or other software applications as needed
Must adopt change and have a proven track record of process redesign
Effective time management and organizational skills
Ability to effectively meet customer needs, taking responsibility for customer satisfaction
Ability to create and comprehend reports and spreadsheets
Ability to maintain effectiveness and professionalism when experiencing change in work tasks and/or the work environment
Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and under pressure of deadlines
Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.