ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- This role has full accountability for SIT testing phase. The successful candidate will use previous Test Management experience and knowledge of application/product and testing to improve overall test management strategy.
- Quality Assurance and Control across all projects in a defined portfolio. This role will focus on functional testing including engineering/profiling of existing systems to ensure quality project IT deliverables.
- The scope of the role will include projects already included as well as projects yet to be approved and activated as part of the Programme Vision. It is therefore essential to provide tactical as well as strategic test planning to address future direction of the Testing Strategy.
Test Strategy and Execution:
Quality Control and Quality Assurance:
- Create project test strategy, plan, approach, test cases, requirement traceability matrix
- Prepare test estimates
- Perform functional and integration testing
- Develop UI and data automation scripts using Selenium /Java
- Review all test and audit artefacts
- Prepare / maintain / review all test and audit artefacts
- Perform RCA for defect leakage
- Support E2E test manager with metrics
- Ensure compliance to SCM Quality standard Unified Test Model and System Delivery Framework
- Resolve challenges during testing
- Ability to drive initiatives and impress on key stakeholders
- Courageous to take tough decisions in the interest of project
- Prepare Closure report and Quality Gate checklist
- On a E2E test ownership role, collaborate with domain test manager to gain support and achieve project objectives
- Team leading responsibilities depending upon the program requirements
- Maintain regular communication with all the stakeholders
- Improve test delivery effectiveness through automation and process improvements
Testing Expertise and Continuous Improvement:
- Deliver projects within cost, schedule & quality
- Take a proactive approach save effort and improve efficiency
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to drive through initiatives
- Ensure regression pack are executed for any changes to the system
- Ensure Performance Testing for the changes to the system
- Collaborate with other test managers to ensure all testing is completed before Go Live
- Create test strategy and Test Schedule
- Knowledgeable to prepare estimates for large projects
- Creative to resolve challenges during testing
- Drive initiatives and impress on key stakeholders
- Prepare Closure report and Quality Gate checklist
- Ensure compliance to UTM and SDF models
- Represent testing in PWG and other management meetings
Resourcing and Finance:
- Ensure risks/issues are captured for all projects and ensure that any changes to milestone deliverables (scope, due date etc.,) have been approved by relevant PWG/PSC/PRC
- Mitigation of risks and resolution of issues in a timely manner including developing suitable controls and measuring their effectiveness
- Adopt DevOps in all the projects
- Comply with QA review audit for all the BC4/5 applications
- Procure dispensation on valid cases
- Implement testing accountability and process consistently across all engagements
- Implement standard test reporting
- Planning and manage test environments.
- Ensuring no adversely rated test audit, no medium or high risks rated test issues from audit and No expired/overdue risks or actions from audits
- Create Test automation frameworks from scratch
- Drive Test Automation within the team and provide mentorship
- Prepare the Automation Test Strategy and roadmap for the area.
- Plan and execute activities in relation to Test Scripting, preparation and execution
- Communicate to stakeholders on the Test Status, risks and issue resolution
- Manage and coordinate Testing
- Ensure Billability for the team
- Ensure SOWs are in place and extensions and terminations of contracts are managed to avoid cost leakage
- Maintain the right permanent: vendor mix as per the bank’s policy
- Ability to map functional requirement with technical implementation
- Ability to create test automation scripts using test automation framework
- Ability to derive technical implementation logic for the given problem statement using programming language
- Excellent understanding on the test automation framework components and guidelines
- Strong hands-on experience with Java
- To perform test execution and support reporting
- Perform peer review for the scripts prepared
- Hands-on experience to perform test automation framework enhancement for the simple request/requirement.
- Strong hands-on exposure to object Identification mechanism
- Proficiency in test automation process/guidelines
- Familiarity with the STLC
- Exposure to industry standard test automation framework like POM, BDD and keyword driven
- Frontend communications with stakeholders
- Active participation in Testing initiatives
- Lead and participate in automation design activities
- Identify risk and support on creating mitigation plans
- Internal training to the functional testers to understand the basic
- Test automation pack maintenance
- 100% Compliance to regression packs being identified and automation scope defined
- Work to achieve 85%regression automation target
- Identify suitable candidates for DevOps toolset implementation (Genie/JIRA, GIT/Stash)
- Unified/Standardized JIRA, test artefacts, status reports, completion report suite covering e2e test methodology by SDLC
- Thorough understanding of the system and data architecture of the underlying product
- Adoption of model across all domains with appropriate test methodology aligned to each project and evidence
- Resource plan identifying optimal mix of resources by location
- Deliver automated regression test packs
People, Culture and Conduct:
- Mandatory e-Learning completion
- Enchanting block leave
- Data Leakage Prevention
- Adherence to Group Code of Conduct
- Marking Daily Time sheet with specific tasks
- Adherence to hygiene factors focused from the hub
- Investigating on My Voice feedback and improve team engagement.
- Reinforce leadership and increasing participation in Leadership & Hi-connect sessions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Behaviour-driven development (BDD)
- Cucumber testing framework, Gherkin test-case definition language.
- OLAP concepts and MDX query language.
- Knowledge on the Java, Selenium Web driver, HTML5, DOM model, XML, XPATH
- More than 8+ years of Testing experience.
- Good exposure to testing with different domains knowledge such as banking, health care, etc.,
- Knows what quality looks like and is willing to enforce it within Standard Chartered
- Experience conducting quality audits
- Experience leading large organizations with teams that are geographically dispersed and with virtual teams in a complex, matrix organization
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with ability to adjust communication styles depending on type of target audience
- Excellent influential and negotiation skills
- Experience with People Management, Vendor Management
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including senior management – Head of portfolio, senior business staff, project managers, test managers, testing staff
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.