The Teach For India Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools for 2 years,in one of the placement cities (Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru) starting May/June 2020.
Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals, and parents, our Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
Teach For India offers you the chance to make a real difference in tackling one of India’s most pressing challenges — educational inequity. The Fellowship will help you to develop leadership skills that are critical in today’s dynamic global work environment. The Fellowship Program gives you an opportunity to become a part of the solution and a change agent in the society.
Responsibilities and Duties
- We believe that our Fellows are going to be leaders of the movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the vision of educational equity, we look for leadership potential that can develop through the two year Fellowship.
- Our Fellows are critical thinkers and problem solvers. They have grit, courage and set high expectations for themselves and for others. They demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders.
- We look for diversity in our Fellowship cohort, and the Fellows come from across the country, with varied levels of professional experience – college students, working youth, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs. They come from over 300 college campuses and companies, from urban and rural India, and from outside of India.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate (Bachelors minimum)
- Could be currently working, not working or a fresher
- Passion to serve the children and community
- Past experience with leadership positions and abilities (preferred)
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs.20,000 per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs.5300 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- Training at institute post selection to Fellowship
- Post Fellowship benefits - Alumni can avail our worldwide network for better options in college applications, employment opportunities and so on.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹20,000.00 /month