ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are looking for an outgoing and highly motivated Financial business partner having strong accounting skills to act as the lead finance business partner for the global property function responsible for performance management of the function. This role will act as an integral part of the Property CFO team in executing finance agenda for the function. The position will also act as the lead for the delivery of the process to produce the IFRS 16 accounting entries, and to ensure the implementation of robust controls around their review. You will also gain firsthand experience of GPMS Manhattan system, the Bank’s property Data management system.
This is an exciting opportunity to move into a Group function and get a good insight as to how finance can partner property.
The Property Finance team within Functions Finance(based in London and Singapore) is responsible for:
- Producing and analysing the MI to support the strategic planning of the Property function
- To act as the review and challenge over the property cost reporting process and numbers to ensure high levels of control are maintained at all times
- Support / drive a cultural change that inspires and continues to help build a reputation for a world-class function
Reporting to Senior Vice President, GFS-Functions Finance Cost, the purpose of the role is to:
People and Talent :
- Build, operate and sustain a high quality finance partnering function for the global property function supporting CFO , Group CFO function and property in driving the finance agenda
- Act as a catalyst to transform the current offshore function from a supplier of property finance MI into a decision support engine for the Group property function
- Lead and drive initiatives towards best in class MI by addressing systems and data issues and embedding standardisation wherever possible.
- Work as an active partner in driving an improvement in the way the bank forecasts and manage property cost. Seek to work with functions to embed a solution that is integrated with planning processes and meets multiple stakeholder requirements across the bank to effective manage performance , risk and opportunities linked to firm’s property cost base
- Support our outsourced property management company (CBRE) with the GPMS Manhattan system processes required to produce IFRS16 compliant accounting entries
- Responsible for the delivery of monthly production and review IFRS16 Accounting entries, including extracting the reports and communicating those details to relevant country finance teams
- Work closely with the Records to Close (R2C) team to correct any issues with raised during journal posting
- Production of MI to assist countries in managing IFRS16 in-scope leases and associated payment processes for those leases
- Point of contact for all issues related to the IFRS16 accounting entries which will include frequent liaison with Country Finance, Property Finance Managers, Property Asset Management, and Group Accounting Policy
- Assist the Property Finance team with the planning and forecasting process with accurate forecasting of IFRS 16 associated entries
- Line management responsibilities for the property finance team in Chennai
- Establish strong working relationships with Group & Country Property and Finance teams across the network and provision of support and guidance for IFRS16 reporting entries
- Establish strong working relationship with CBRE our outsourced Property Data Management Partner
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Ensure that the integrity of the financial data remains within the highest standard, by ensuring that adequate financial and process controls in place
- Ensure that the Operational Risk Framework is adhered to for IFRS16 reporting processes
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head of Finance, Finance Head, Financial Reporting
- Global Functions Finance Team
- Group Property Team
- Regional Property Finance Leads
- Country Finance Teams
- Country Property Teams
- Close to Report team (GBS Chennai)
- CBRE Team
- University degree or equivalent
- Qualified accountant, 4 years PQE preferably with a Financial Services background
- Experience of working in a financial environment
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to challenge data and results
1. Strong stakeholder management skills, able to simplify complex matters for non finance senior stakeholders
2. Track record of process delivery in a complex, global environment, including managing on shore relationships
3. Ability to engage across a network located in multiple locations
4. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel with working knowledge of PSGL preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.