- Post, verify, and balance various accounts; gather, sort, and research records and files to provide factual data, and trace discrepancies to reconcile accounts.
- Perform data entry functions and operate an on-line interactive computer terminal or personal computer; process cash receipts by use of a bar code reader.
- Receive and process petty cash payments, balance cash and prepare bank deposits; manage petty cash fund and handle disbursement.
- Provide billing, payment, and other accounting information to customers, vendors, City personnel, and others.
- Review, verify, and process employee time reports; calculate and process monthly groups insurance billings and other payroll deductions; assist in preparation of payroll register, payments, and handwritten checks, and process related reports.
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and various accounting reports and documents; perform as cashier as assigned.
- Assist with preparing and monitoring collection of billing for City services; research and compile relevant information, follow up delinquent accounts and bad debts; perform related collection functions as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with preparing, reviewing and verifying purchase orders, vendor invoices and related documentation, and confirm authorization; maintain purchasing files and prepare warrant register.
- Maintain sub-system and/or subsidiary ledger functions and perform reconciliations with general ledger accounts; prepare reports as required, review and classify documents for proper accounting documentation; code information according to established procedure.
Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service, and perform related duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹20,000.00 to ₹30,000.00 /month
- Taxation: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bank reconciliation: 1 year (Preferred)