Company Name:The Akanksha Foundation.
Overview Of the Company:
The Akanksha Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide children from low-income communities with a high-quality education, enabling them to maximize their potential and transform their lives. Akanksha works primarily in the field of education, addressing formal education by initiating school reform through its School Project. Currently, Akanksha reaches out to the 13000+ children through its 26 schools in Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur.
Position: Pre-Primary Teacher.
Compensation: Based on skill sets, experience and sector standards
Reports to: School Leader
Position Summary: As an Akanksha teacher, you will be directly responsible for at least 30 kids in a class. Your role will be to guide the students towards academic achievement while inculcating self-esteem and values in their curriculum that will empower them to think critically and make informed choices in their life. You will cultivate an environment of high achievement coupled with fun learning in the classrooms. You will build strong bonds with children to understand each child’s needs and work with parents as partners in their child’s education and future. Overview of the Team: The Akanksha Schools aim to be high-quality schools serving children from low-income communities in Mumbai and Pune. These schools work in partnership with local municipalities, with the vision of creating small clusters of model schools in these cities that can be used to impact the mainstream education system. The School Team comprises teachers, social workers, school administrator and helpers led by the School Leader.
What your role will entail:
● Teaching the Akanksha curriculum through effective pedagogical practices
● Designing and executing lesson plans that will engage students
● Designing assessments that thoughtfully evaluate student progress
● Varying teaching strategies and styles to meet different learning needs
● Providing a positive environment to engage students in the learning process
● Establishing and maintaining a cooperative working relationships with students, parents, community and the school team
● Clearly articulating high expectations for students
● Creating and maintaining an aesthetically positive environment
● Actively participating in network opportunities for professional development
● Attending and participating in all school training and meetings
● Meeting professional obligations through efficient work habits
● Actively participating in all extra-curricular and celebratory activities in school
● Making occasional community visits to stay connected with parents
What you need for this Position Experience:
● Candidates with relevant teaching experience are preferred but freshers may also be considered
● Strong content knowledge and expertise
● Love for children and learning
● Adaptability to new instructional approaches
● Patience and capacity to solve problems
● Good planning and organizing skills
● Strong team player
● Self-motivated with strong work ethics to achieve school goals
● Openness to feedback and critical reflection
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English
● Graduate from any stream with a Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education or similar preferred .
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
Salary: From ₹16,948.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Provident Fund
- Have you completed ECCEd. course?
- How many years of experience do you have as a School Teacher?