Working Title: Program Coordinator -Community Engagement
(Third Party Payroll, Randstad)
Location: Imphal, Manipur
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
About the project
PATH is endeavoring to build an efficient, effective, and equitable primary healthcare system to help achieve India’s commitment to Universal Health Coverage. PATH is working with a mission to accelerate people-centered Comprehensive Primary Healthcare (CPHC) through innovation and partnerships. Our approach to building CPHC in India is driven by our foundational values of adaptive learning and collaboration. In addition, interventions based on local context, inclusive stakeholder engagement, data, and evidence-driven decision-making is key to this approach. PATH’s strategy for building the CPHC model is through technical assistance, partnerships, and innovations for enhancing the accessibility of primary healthcare services and strengthening the capacity, efficiency, and resilience of the health systems.
Additionally, it aims to catalyze community engagement for health systems that are responsive and accountable. As a part of this program, PATH proposes to integrate and strengthen services for youth and adolescents to position the CPHC as an Adolescent-friendly Hub by establishing linkages with existing government programs.
About the position
PATH is seeking a Program Coordinator -Community Engagement position for Strengthening community-level outreach activity and youth engagement platforms for improved awareness, catalyzing demand, and concerted youth mobilization and participation in the state of Manipur. Key responsibilities of the position include planning and implementing of community engagement program with a focus on strengthening adolescent-friendly health services in urban settings.
- Provide technical assistance to the state for accelerating improvements in urban health outreach and community engagement
- Work closely with the state nodal officer to strengthen the community engagement component and preparation of roadmap and action plan for the operationalization of Jan Arogya Samithi, coordination with ULBs, and engagement of youth and adolescents.
- Plan and prepare outreach activities for community engagement including workshops, events, and other communication opportunities.
- Collaborate with local NGO partners and youth groups/clubs such as Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, Young Men’s Christian Association, etc. for concerted community engagement efforts
- Determine training needs, develop, and deliver educational/training tools and presentations on issues about strengthening community engagement.
- Capacity building of the facility staff and school authorities for planning and conducting activities related to AHWDs and AFCs and handholding of peer educators
- Develop and disseminate IEC/BCC material for project interventions.
- Collaborate with the project team in the planning, development, and implementation of new initiatives and the development of tools and instruments for collecting and analyzing data related to community outreach
- Prepare relevant documents, presentations, and reports for partners and stakeholders on project progress.
- Undertake supportive supervision visits to health facilities in the assigned districts and share feedback at the district and state levels for planning corrective actions.
- Facilitate the constitution of Adolescent-friendly Clubs (AFCs) at the urban HWC and UPHC level to enable cross-learning among peer educators and youth groups
- Support in the documentation of learnings, results, successes, challenges, and dissemination
- Undertake other tasks which may be assigned from time to time by the national or state leadership
- Available to travel at the district level up to 50-60% of the time.