About the Role:
As the Program Officer, Schools you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the entire "front of house" school operations from beginning to end. This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense programme management skills, impeccable customer service, and constant accountability. This includes managing the engagement field team responsible for launching and managing new partnership schools as well as overseeing the execution of advertisements, events, and parent programmes.
What you will do:
- Coordinate the management of 'STAR Education' partnership schools in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Program Manager, Schools
- Ensure the retention of all currently enrolled pupils through supervision and management of strong parent & community engagement programs
- Develop, manage and supervise SMC engagement activities in day to day running of the schools
- Coordinate schools, supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; principal supervision and mentorship; and more – including accountability measures
- Coordinate community outreach across all 'STAR Education' partnership communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at parents, community leaders and influencers, and general public
- Spend time in 'STAR Education' partnership communities, developing knowledge of the communities as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities
- Assist in recruiting, induction trainings, workshops, and on-going professional development
- Oversee the collation of information from all departments; maintain weekly trackers, supervise data collection from field; work with assigned partners, Program Manager and Director to increase community linkages.
- Ensure that schools` grounds and buildings are maintained, oversee repairs and inventory
- Develop and work with Parent Teachers Associations and community leaders in managing strategic plans for school improvements.
- Oversee activities of the department in the absence of the Director and Program Manager.
What you should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Management or in any relevant field.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, outreach/awareness building and customer strategy
- Prior experience working within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organisation; start up or high-growth company experience preferred
- Experience working with low income customers; community engagement in the education or health sector is a major plus
- Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business and government
- Passion for NewGlobe's vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.