About the role
Each Supervisor is responsible for the professional development, including ongoing performance
management of school staff. As a Supervisor, you are in schools each day, providing ongoing mentorship,
specific performance feedback, and on-going group and personal training. In this role, you also engage
with all stakeholders of the schools under your care, including government officials, parents, and
community groups as may be required. Your role is the nexus of all that we do, ensuring the
implementation and results of our overall programing, integrating school management, leadership &
development of school staff, instructional design and technology. Using big data that provides a visibility
into everyday teaching practices and school management, you work with school staff to improve
performance – with the goal of student performance and character development in mind – and provide
feedback on core programming to our design teams.
This team is laser focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in
others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, and is excited about
creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behavior and mindset change in adults. You
will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic
environment, and have fun while working hard.
What you will do
- Be responsible for supervising the work of all school leaders in your assigned area, including all aspects of School Management, and community and parent engagement. Ensure each school leader delivers on promise of learning and holistic development for children, has a strong and high-performing cohort of teachers, operates within its budget and sustains enrollment necessary for financial sustainability;
- Use data from multiple sources, including your own classroom observations and school
management observations, quality assurance audits, and big data on school staff behavior, to
lead school staff to improve their practice, with an unwavering eye to student learning and holistic development.
- Use data from multiple sources to ensure effective school management, and a safe learning environment.
- Be in schools 80% time, observing teaching, management, and engaging with stakeholders,
including government officials, parents, and community groups.
- When observing or holding meetings, use rubrics or other documents to support structured observation and reporting.
- Support specific school events, including collaborating on programming for such events as school opening celebrations, parent teacher conferences and school closing celebrations, as well as community showcases and participation in co-curricular competitions.
- Ensure school staff and students are prepared to sit in government-proctored exams, as they may occur on a termly/semester basis, and with particular attention to national examinations.
- Ensure school strength and support enrollment efforts.
- Ensure local regulatory processes are followed, including environmental & social standards, as well as national regulations.
- Lead leadership & development sessions the course of the school year, and during induction
training for new staff, using the materials and programming developed by the Leadership & Development team.
- Support schools through transition of staff, including school leaders and teachers; work with local government and other local organizations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Proven community leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective.
- Experience in mentorship and coaching of youth and adults, either inside or outside of a school setting.
- Teaching experience a plus
- Belief in data-driven decision making
- Relentless focus on achievement for yourself and others
- Bias towards action
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in Education is COMPULSORY. Masters is an added advantage.