A snapshot of what you would do:
The SQL Server Database Administrator will develop and maintain processes and procedures concerning the existing and future database initiatives related to corporate applications. This position is open for remote work internationally.
- Supporting, maintaining, and communicating standards and procedures surrounding all SQL Server usage
- Installing, upgrading, and maintaining development and production databases and servers
- Directly support conversion activities and SQL Server issues affecting client installations (limited travel may be required);
- Effectively communicate technical issues one-on-one and in group situations; demonstrate customer focus while maintaining a business value perspective;
- Participate in 24/7 support for production database applications as part of the on-call services provided by IT;
- Support T/SQL development and general networking/system administration support as issues arise;
- Performance tune various applications, ad-hoc reports, and other T/SQL scripts which support operations.
- Managing database backups, High Availability and Disaster recovery environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server architecture including query plan optimization, physical DB design, system maintenance, Windows Server and hardware configuration (especially RAID).
- Two (2) or more years of MS SQL Server expertise in 2012, 2014, 2016 or 2017
- BS in Computer Science/MIS (or equivalent education/work experience)
- MSDBA or similar competency.
APEX Analytix is the leading provider of trusted supplier data; supplier portal software; controls, audit and analytics software; and AP recovery audit services. We protect over $5 trillion in spend and prevent or recover over $3 billion in overpayments annually, and our client portals actively support over 3 million suppliers. Our software and audit services are built on our SmartVM® database of over 20 million supplier records with contacts, scored for accuracy and age, based on integration with over 650 external data sources and over 10 million communications with suppliers each year. APEX Archimedes™, an advanced cognitive technology and innovation system, supported by IBM Watson®, is integrated into APEX Analytix software and services to harness the power of the future through smarter recoveries, controls, analytics, working capital and supplier data. We serve over 250 Fortune 500/Forbes Global 2000 clients around the world and are fluent in languages covering 98 percent of global trade.
At APEX Analytix, our culture drives everything! We live our culture of performance, respect, candor and fun—in that order. Performance is measured by delivering value to our clients, generating goodwill, trust and partnership. Sincere respect for each other, our diverse backgrounds and our well-being are our cornerstones. We value open and honest relationships with each other, our clients and our communities. And, life is too short to not have fun! We look for team players who possess the qualities of being humble, hungry and smart. We recruit candidates who will strive for accountability in performance and career growth, serving our clients in long-term respectful relationships, and working in a diverse and caring environment.