We are constantly growing and acquiring new companies and products. This creates growth opportunities typically only seen in the most explosive startups. We are a profitable company with over 4,000 team members worldwide.
The Vice President of Technical Product Management excels at:
- Defining data structures and object models
- Creating algorithms to solve high-value problems
- Mapping solutions to large “building blocks” of existing open source components and cloud services
- Making decisions that reduce scope in favor of simplicity
- Clear written communication
- Leading and managing a team
Unfortunately, most companies do a terrible job at this. They do not do the hard work up front, and they start coding too early. They don’t invest in developing expertise and innovation. They build roadmaps based on what competitors are already delivering or on the tactical needs of the sales team. Their technical product managers focus on UIs and mockups instead of the product’s core data structures and algorithms.
For the Vice President of Technical Product Management position, you have likely been a Technical Co-Founder of a smaller company or a Senior Architect at a large software company such as Microsoft, Google, IBM, or Oracle.
Our Technical Product Management roles are much more technical than what most companies call “Product Management” so traditional “product management” experience is not a requirement.