VP/ Head - Sales - Online/ Internet - IIM/ ISB/ IIT/ Ivy League (10-20 yrs)
- Responsible for the overall coordination, the functional management and leadership of all of the sales activities of the business. Sales head manages support functions essential to sales force productivity.
- These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
Competencies/ Skill Set :
- Must possess effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Meeting Sales Goals & Selling to Customer Needs.
- Motivation for Sales & Market Knowledge
- Sales Planning & Building Relationships,
- Managing Processes Coaching, Budgets, Staffing
Key Deliverables/ Responsibilities :
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products in coordination with the Company's business plan.
- Responsible for providing an annual Sales Plan and providing quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the Plan.
- Responsible for coordinating the specific objectives of the Sales Plan with all of the functional departments of the company and, most specifically with Finance In coordination with the VP of Business Development, establishes both market and target customer strategies for the company.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for the successful management of the needs of the Company's customers in order to meet the objectives of the company's overall business plans and strategies
- Manage all of the field and in house sales functions of The Company's facilities.
- The position specifically is responsible for field sales, inside sales and telemarketing, and all customer support functions of the business
- Define and manage the monthly and annual sales objectives for all of the sales personnel.
- In coordination with Director, establish compensation plans for all sales personnel including salary structures, commission plans, sales contests and bonus plans
- Keep up to date with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
Wenger and Watson Inc., is a premier provider of senior-level executive search and... leadership consulting services, including board building. Our success stems from sourcing and convincing the very best people to work with our clients. Read full description