The role is based in Bangalore. The candidate will be responsible for managing specialized team of product controllers supporting the Debt Capital Markets business. This is a full front to back product control role where the scope of responsibilities range from managing daily front office interactions, control of the P&L reporting, balance sheet/ledger and strategic initiatives.
The candidate will be part of the wider Credit and Capital Markets product control team, hence will have exposure to the wider Credit product as well as be responsible for leading projects and initiatives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Providing supervisory oversight of the:
a. daily Profit & Loss reporting and all associated fee reviews, analytical review and commentary analysis
b. month end reconciliations between the various TP systems and the ledger
2. Drive the identification and implementation of key initiatives, such as
a. system/ workflow enhancements
b. the implementation of changes in accounting regulations
c. the centralization of processes within Product Control
3. Develop a strong internal network by:
a. proactively engaging all key stakeholders
b. representing the team and department at various working groups / committees
c. reaching out to other business areas / regions to ensure best practice is implemented
4. Successfully building and leading the PC team which will include
a. both on the job training and organized classroom sessions
b. challenging the teams working practices and assumptions
c. encouragement of the teams to challenge the status quo
5. Provide proactive support to their line manager by
a. providing a well controlled and transparent governance structure
b. proactively aligning the teams goals with the demands of the department
c. challenging requests received from all key stakeholders
Qualifications & Skills
Qualifications & Experience
1. Educated to degree level preferably with a Finance / Business background
2. Strong product control experience (12 years), preferably fixed income but open to other asset classes e.g. equities as well.
1. Strong working knowledge of fixed income products, e.g. Loans, Credit Derivatives, Bonds, Repo, ABS etc.
2. Strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
3. Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the global regulatory challenges currently facing the financial markets
4. Ability to demonstrate a strong control mindset
5. Proficient in MS Office Tools such as Excel and Access preferably
1. Excellent interpersonal skills
2. Ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally
3. Proactive lateral thinker with ability to use own initiative.
LIVE CONNECTIONS is a search agency that specializes in finding and placing professionals... across all sectors.
Our extensive recruiting background helps us understand the pitfalls in recruiting high-calibre
indviduals. We also understand the tensions and pressure that can frustrate a candidate looking for
the right job, Our top-notch team of result-oriented professionals help connect the job-seeker and
the employer in a match that satisfies both.
* Offices in Chennai (3 branches), Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Dubai
* Over 100 employees
* Customer-centric team of MBAs and Engineers
* Fortune 500 client base
* Focussed approach to recruiting
* Proprietary search engine
* Exclusive senior staff search assignments
* Client network in every major industry
* Win-win solutions for both candidates and clients
* Extensive experience in consulting and recruiting for emerging enterprises Read full description