The incumbent in this role will lead the Trade Control team in India across Gurgaon and Hyderabad leading teams of Trade Analysts and Specialists for FX, Rates, Credit and Mortgage products across Global Markets:
- She/he should be able to provide strategic direction on strong Life Cycle management of Trade Control process.
- Needs to have a strong understanding of the Trade Lifecycle with adequate experience in Trade and Product Control processes
- Understanding of regulatory and operational risk associated with core processes that form part of Trade control operations
- Strong Products knowledge of FX, Rates, Credit and Mortgage
- Ability to manage, coach and mentor large teams comprising of SMEs, the candidate will be expected to understand and challenge team procedures to continually improve and build our operating model
- Ensure that trade support is OCC compliant by ensuring team processes and procedures are up to date, accurate and evolving.
- Develop and implement new processes, systems and participates in strategic planning. Continually reviews roles and responsibilities with a view to aligning functions/processes across trade support.
- Deliver best practice operating model
- Responsible for budget/expense management, reporting and forecasting for operations areas managed.
- Responsible for staffing, performance management, talent management and compensation decision making.
- Ensure timely delivery of MO/FO critical reports to various stakeholders
- Should possess a beginner's mindset and analytical ability to evolve processes
- Requires thorough knowledge of multiple product areas, in-depth product experience & knowledge of financial instruments accounting and transaction lifecycle.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with varied functional stakeholders globally
Strategic Thinking :
- Focuses strategies on delivering superior value to clients
- Translates strategies into plans that can be effectively executed
Business Results :
- Anticipates risks and obstacles and devises plans to manage them
- Pursues aggressive goals and continuously raises performance expectations to achieve excellence
- Appreciates the cost impact of actions and is commercial in decision making
- Promotes continuous learning and development
People Leadership :
- Encourages and listens to the contributions of others in order to reach the right decision
- Makes sure there is a frank and open exchange of ideas among team members
- Makes decisions based on what is good for the whole organization, not just his/her business unit
Personal Effectiveness :
- Takes personal ownership of delivering superior services to clients
- Makes tough decisions when they are needed and acts quickly in getting things done
- Demonstrates the courage to express or defend unpopular decisions
- Maintains a constructive, positive outlook even when plans are thwarted
Planning and Organization :
- Manages own time well, agreeing with priorities. Multi-tasks effectively, work well under pressure and meets tight and changing deadlines.
- Organizes and runs effective meetings and workshops
Communication Skills :
Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, at all levels within the organization
Education- B.Com or MBA Finance
Experience Range- Overall experience of 16+ years with 13+ years of experience in TS function within an Investment Banking environment
Mandatory skills- :
- Strong communication & negotiation skills across all levels of seniority including especially with the Trading desk
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver results in a high pressured environment
- Logical approach to problem-solving and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven analytical skills including data reconciliation and interpretation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to notice minor discrepancies/issues
- Ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Relationship management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Structured and logical thinker
- Strong assertiveness, listening, influencing and diplomacy skills.
BLACK TURTLE is a premier talent management consultancy firm. The Indian arm was established... in the year 2000. Since then the unit has grown manifold and is ranked among the Top 10 across various services and functions.
BLACK TURTLE offers a wide range of services spread across various industries and functions. These services range from executive recruitment to consultancy in devising HR policies to attract and retain the best talent. It includes servicing niche recruitment needs to RPO. We offer multiple solutions under one roof.
Read full description