- TARU, development advisory and think tank, was established in 1990 as an institution with trans-disciplinary expertise to engage with India's development challenges. In 1996, it was incorporated as Taru Leading Edge under the Companies Act, offering a commitment of cutting edge research and contextualized consulting services to its clients. TARU's expertise has been in Disaster Risk Management & Climate Change, Governance & Institutions, Natural Resource Management, Social Development, Livelihood, Urban Development, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Health, CSR, etc. TARU has undertaken policy analysis, strategy development, action research, technical assistance, programme design; project management support, assessments, and evaluations. TARU's clients include corporate, grassroots institutions, INGOs, bilateral and multilateral organizations, as well as States and Central Government.
- The last two decades have seen TARU working on a range of institutional, financial, economic, social and technical issues across diverse public systems, cultures and corporate formations in more than a third of rural and urban domains of India. TARU also works in South Asian countries like Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. The organization is committed to quality, accuracy and succinctness in its consulting and advisory services. The TARU team of professionals have extensive national and international experience, along with a strong network of advisors, consultants, partner institutions, associations from different parts of the world.
- TARU has been working in disaster and climate risk management domain on range of aspects including developing early warning systems on flood management, multi-hazard vulnerability risk assessment and modelling climate resilience strategies, heatwave management, monitoring hydro-met risks, and so on. TARU now embarks on a new journey expanding its reach, capacity and business while retaining its core agenda of providing transformative solutions to development challenges.
- The Vice President is expected to play a key role through leading TARU initiatives on disaster and climate risk management especially in business development, project design and execution; networking and partnership building, knowledge management, team management, monitoring of activities, etc. TARU is therefore considering to engage a dynamic, self-motivated, and results-oriented Vice President to provide necessary support to its disaster and climate risk management operations at national, regional and state levels.
The specific tasks to be undertaken are:
- Develop national and regional business plans for implementation in sync with organizational vision.
- Lead in business development activities against the specified targets.
- Lead in concept/proposal development, project implementation, project reports, and monitoring of activities and milestones.
- Work closely with companies to design and implement services that create social impact within the mandate of disaster and climate risk management
- Support in project team/staff hiring, managing and mentoring them.
- Effectively position the organization as the preferred partner of the clients and donors. Liaise and maintain client, stakeholder and media relations.
- Build the profile of organization in disaster and climate risk management
- Represent the organization at various forums including at lectures, conferences, workshops, bid meetings, and other events.
- Support in partnership building with Clients, Donors, NGOs, Technical Organization, CBOs, Collectives, etc.
- Lead in knowledge management through writing stories, blogs, articles in newspapers/journals, etc.
- Develop innovative concept, position papers, and terms of references related to operation
- Work closely with other practices, sectors and regional units in operationalizing agreed plans and strategies. Support them with logistics and technical inputs.
- Hold self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling organizational values
- Conduct field visits to the project sites and identify strengths/weaknesses in program implementation and provide feedback and technical assistance to improve both individual and institutional performances for effective outcomes
- Keep up-to-date with the work of all of the project teams, as well as the organization as a whole, in order to provide timely information to senior TARU staff.
- Aligning work style with established work culture and leadership team.
- Any other related activities, as assigned.
- Post Graduate or Professional degree in Civil-Structural Engineering/Climate or Geo Science/Geo-informatics/ Geology/Disaster Management or any other discipline relevant to this role from reputed institutes
- Minimum 10-14 years experience especially with national, international and corporate organizations. Person having experience with disaster and climate risk management will be preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, advisory skills and business development.
- In-depth knowledge of disaster and climate risk management issues if possible reflected in articles, papers and technical documents published.
- Experience and skills in disaster/catastrophic risk modeling & management, climate risk modeling, understanding of related software (including ICT/GIS/remote sensing) and disaster/catastrophic concepts, issues, policies, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas.
- Capacity to develop work plans, budgets, funding proposals.
- Proven skills in project management, quality assurance, setting standards, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in actively participating in debates and influencing policies
- High personal & professional integrity. Team player and ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
Problem solving attitude. Experience of managing teams and logistics
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Good analytical, and knowledge management skills including writing and presentation skills
- Excellent fluency in English and regional languages would be added advantage. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
The Vice President will report to CEO.
Location - New Delhi
Apply - Candidates can applyin their CV with three references
Last date of application is May 25, 2018. Please include current CTC in your CV. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Cross Roads India Assistance, India’s first and largest road side repair assistance service... provider. Established in 1999, we have by our side 13 years of ground fleet management experience. We attend to over 1100 road side repairs every day and had so far handled over 1.5 Mn road side repairs. We are also recognised as a critical service provider under social security category hence we have been allotted with a four digit number 1922 for the safety of the general motorist. Read full description