DTP (desktop publishing) operator
The work may involve:
• Working on a design brief from the Creative Head / Marketing Head
• Well versed with Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Design different types of layouts, illustrations, web design, typography according to brand guidelines
• Produce visual solutions to the communication needs using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness
• Creates professional designs and layouts for promotional material by creating templates, handouts, advertisements, posters, signs, logos, and other visual layouts + Digital - emailers, web banners etc.
• Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to organisation promotion strategies
• Prepare new and unique illustrations, innovative layout prints and rough sketches of presentation and organization brochures and designs graphics for website in line with branding guidelines
• Detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated and meeting deadlines
Able to work on Mac OS X, Windows and different software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Art, or a related field, or equivalent field experience would be an added advantage.
A DTP operator should:
• Have excellent computer skills and knowledge
• Be creative, with an eye for good design
• Be able to prioritize a varied workload
• Work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Enjoy doing artistic work
aymarket is Britain’s largest privately-owned and one of the world’s largest media... companies. With offices in 14 countries, Haymarket publishes magazines and websites in nearly 50 countries and 31 languages. Haymarket is force behind 142 different magazines and websites that cover a vast array of subjects, from music, to sport, to cars, and even medical dictionaries!
WhatCar? is one of the titles in Haymarket’s vast portfolio. WhatCar? is today recognised as the world’s largest motoring media brand. Every month it reaches out to over 1.2 million readers and users.
Another one of Haymarket’s leading titles is Stuff, the world’s largest gadget magazine that is published in 26 countries around the world. Read full description