Technical Support Engineers assist NetApp Customers by providing a range of technical support including:
- Resolve Customer problems via the telephone, the web or AutoSupport.
- Research Customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the Customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to add to knowledge base in order to provide solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning for reuse throughout the center.
- Participate in technical communication within the Technical Support Engineering team to learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Gain knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and through a variety of learning environments. Initial focus is on learning NetApps proprietary operating system, OnTap, and troubleshooting NetApp hardware issues.
- Some opportunity, after training, to work on small volumes of Top Enterprise Accounts (NetApps highest priority customers) and SupportEdge Premium cases (customers with a higher level of support agreement).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and Customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of some of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Veritas software.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a Customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
We are a reputed $500 million US based multinational Technology-Enabled Business Process... Outsourcing (BPO) company specializing in Integrated BPO solutions across the front and back office that support the entire lifecycle of our client and customers.
With our headquarter in Rochester, New York, Sutherland now employs over 30,000 professionals offering blended services from its 33 delivery centers in Bulgaria, Canada, India, Mexico, Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Read full description