Technical Product Manager ($100K/year) - Remote Work
We believe that our approach towards Technical Product Management is truly unique. We objectively define each product in terms of the market it serves and the technology it leverages.
We uncover market-gaps by identifying CIV (Challenging, Important or Valuable) problems specific to that domain. We employ a standardized process to elicit relevant information from SMEs and succinctly describe each CIV Problem.
We then define Core Functionality (CFs) which the product will implement in order to address each CIV Problem. Through a combination of CIV Problems and CFs, we are in a position to analyze the product-market fit in an objective, standardized fashion. A CIV problem without any CFs is a remaining gap, while a CF which doesn’t address a CIV problem represents unnecessary complexity.
Once we have articulated the product-market fit, we turn our attention (and most of our time) towards identifying the Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) that will provide this core functionality in the most effective way.
Success as a TPM requires deep technical skills across a variety of technologies in addition to exemplary communication skills.
• A university degree including the study of data structures, algorithms, and computing fundamentals.
• At least 2 years of experience writing production code in either Java or C# for a commercial software company.
• At least 2 years of experience making important architecture and design decisions; such as data domain modeling, application of design patterns, and design using third-party components.
• Some experience designing for cloud computing paradigms (such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
• The ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them with clear, logical thinking.
Nice to have
• Experience creating simple but important messages for sales and marketing teams
• Experience rebuilding/redesigning existing products on top of entirely new cloud services (for example all the AWS services beyond EC2 and S3).
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The... future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth. Read full description
- Last updated:
- Job type:
- Full time
- Position type:
- Minimum experience:
- Between five and ten years
Jobs in IT - Hardware / Telecom / Support
Jobs in IT - Software Programming / Analysis
Jobs in Internet Technologies / Web / E-Commerce