We believe that our approach towards Technical Product Management is truly unique. We objectively define each product in terms of the market it serves and the technology it leverages.
We uncover market-gaps by identifying CIV (Challenging, Important or Valuable) problems specific to that domain. We employ a standardized process to elicit relevant information from SMEs and succinctly describe each CIV Problem.
We then define Core Functionality (CFs) which the product will implement in order to address each CIV Problem. Through a combination of CIV Problems and CFs, we are in a position to analyze the product-market fit in an objective, standardized fashion. A CIV problem without any CFs is a remaining gap, while a CF which doesn’t address a CIV problem represents unnecessary complexity.
Once we have articulated the product-market fit, we turn our attention (and most of our time) towards identifying the Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) that will provide this core functionality in the most effective way.
Success as a TPM requires deep technical skills across a variety of technologies in addition to exemplary communication skills
Being successful as a TPM requires deep technical skills across a variety of technologies and domains in addition to exemplary communication skills
Specifically, candidates must have
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, (M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred)
- 1+ years experience in a senior architecture role at a leading software company, or as CTO/technical co-founder at a smaller company or successful startup
- Developed and continue to maintain extensive, hands-on expertise in Java and/or C#.
- Leveraged both traditional RDBMS as well as contemporary alternatives such as Graph, Columnar, Key-Value and/or Document databases
- Thorough practical understanding of common Design and Enterprise Integration Patterns
- 5+ years of hands-on production code development and architecture experience on a scalable, commercial product
- 1+ years experience in a senior architecture role at a leading software company, or as CTO/tech co-founder at a smaller company or successful startup
- 1+ years with responsibility for approving other people's technical design decisions for a commercial software product or software-as-a-service
- 1+ years with responsibility for deciding how best to integrate with and leverage individual cloud services
- 1+ years with responsibility for creating and approving design artifacts
- Experience in taking product requirements and are creating work breakdowns for engineering teams to develop
- A total of 8 years experience in designing and developing software solutions
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, and the ability to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
Other, highly desirable skills include
- Expertise in other current, mainstream languages (examples include Python, Go, Kotlin, Scala) and frameworks (examples NodeJS, Spring).
- Architecting web-scale SaaS solutions
- Ongoing contributions to leading Open Source project
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The... future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth. Read full description