We're running an Online Hiring Tournament this Saturday to hire Technical Documentation Writers (30K/yr).
This event will include all testing for the role. Upon grading the deliverables from the event, we will set up qualified candidates with an interview with the hiring manager. This is a 100% remote, full-time role.
The Technical Writer is responsible for writing and maintaining user documentation for our software products. The writer provides leadership in improving our company’s technical customer communication and documentation.
Technical Writers excel at:
- Creating and maintaining user documentation
- Writing for different user personas
- Understanding technical concepts
- Transforming complex concepts into simple instructions
- Planning out help strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific field, or in American or English literature with a minor in a technical field, or equivalent
- Fluency in the English language, styles, and conventions, with the ability to master technical concepts and explain them in terms appropriate for the target audience
- 2+ years of technical writing experience in a software company. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interview subject matter experts, and to collaborate with others in writing, editing and reviewing large or complex documents
Desired Skills and Experience
- A working understanding of programming and software architectures and/or databases Experience documenting APIs written in Java
- Experience creating customer training course materials or videos
- The ability to install, learn quickly, and to understand technical software, so as to be able to write about it clearly and accurately
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined team with remote co-workers
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future... of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth. Read full description