1. Mainly working on tasks on implementation projects on-site or off-site within the project organization
2. Liaise with the regional consultants or clients to analyse, determine and document the customers Technical requirements
3. Carry out the installation and configuration of Misys applications and designated 3rd party products
4. Analyse, resolve/escalate problems encountered by the team during the implementation of Misys products and when interfacing to third party systems.
5. Support the User Acceptance & Operations testing of the system with the client
6. Analyse and Resolve/escalate issues during UAT & Operations testing.
7. Advise the client on housekeeping tasks that allow the client to maintain and improve system performance
8. Analyse the Clients systems, at the Operations, hardware, OS and Application levels and advise them on their options for performance improvement
9. Provide front end systems support during data conversion & branch roll out on-site or remote to ensure successful system roll out
10. Deliver technical consulting on assigned products to ensure clients are able to successfully use our solutions
11. Provide information, advice, guidance and updates throughout the project lifecycle in order to assist management to eliminate risks and increase the likelihood of project success
12. Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers and liaising with staff at all levels of the organization
13. Organizing and /or providing training for users and other Consultants
14. Being involved in sales and support activities such as estimation, system sizing and solution architecting.
Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Experience in installing and maintaining 3-tier applications.
Hands on experience in designing and developing Application Integration using JMS/MQ, WebServices, TCP/IP Sockets
Technical Skills (Combination of any of the following)
Java debugging and programming
MQSeries / Meridian / Websphere Installation / configuring / trouble shooting
Databases (DB2 / SQL / Oracle ) Scripting / installation / configuring / Trouble shooting
Platforms (Solaris / AIX / Linux/ Windows) Installation / Configuring / trouble shooting
Knowledge on configuring Web Servers like Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere etc.
Strong understanding of XML/XSD/XPATH/XQUEY
Full life cycle implementation experience (Tech install products / Environment setup / Technical Testing Support / UAT support / Go-live support)
Experience in reporting.
Strong communication skills both written and verbal and client facing experience to be able to present PS and the product value to clients and to work with other groups within Misys (particularly the Sales and Support Team) in supporting the response to proposal requests.
Strong Written and spoken English is a must.
6-12 years experience of technical consulting and implementation experience within Banking (Digital Channels) implementation projects.