Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Recruiter:
• Develop and execute recruiting plans.
• Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees.
• Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable. Set continuous improvement goals.
• Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives.
• Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
• Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
• Create job descriptions.
• Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
• Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
• Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
• Post openings in online venues, newspaper classifieds, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
• Utilize the internet for recruitment.
--Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
--Improve the company website recruiting section to assist in recruiting.
--Research new ways of using the internet for recruitment.
--Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees
• Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
• Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
• Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
• Create contacts within the industry.
• Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
• Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
Develop and Track Measurable Facets of the Recruiting and Hiring Process
• Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved.
• Additional measurements to consider are employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, and preventable employee turnover.
• Consider additional measurements that aid you in continuous improvement, cost control, and hiring great people.
Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
• Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
• Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
• Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting.
• Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
• Manage the use of recruiters and headhunters.
• Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
• Conduct prescreening interviews.
• Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
• Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
• Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
• Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
• Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
• Perform other special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
• Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or failure of the recruitment system from position opening to onboarding.
• Skills in database management and record keeping.
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
• Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• One to two years of human resources experience required; one to two years of human resources corporate recruiting experience preferred.
Pranav HR's philosophy towards its candidates and clients is simple. A team that... assures Quality & Service. Our entire team is focused on earning trust and goodwill of its candidates and clients by delivering excellent customer service and satisfaction. Read full description