•Installing and configuring computer systems.
•Diagnosing and solving hardware/ software faults.
• Responsible for managing Desktops.
• Responsible for Server administration.
• Responsible for Network administration.
• Responsible for Printing queries and administration.
• Responsible for checking alerting systems and managing system alerts.
• Responsible for Windows Server and Desktop patching.
• Assisting with infrastructure upgrades & change control of infrastructure
• Inventory & auditing of the physical assets and maintenance contracts, ensuring asset registry is kept up to date.
• Documenting any new installation, or solutions found.
• Adherence to ITIL standards and best practices in Incident and Problem management o Logging user incidents and queries.
o Triaging logged tickets.
o Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
o Asking targeted questions to diagnose and resolve issues.
o Following up with customers, to ensure problem is resolved.
Key Technical Skills
• Advanced knowledge of networking and services in the Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Office 365 and Windows Server 2008/ R2/ 12/ R2/ 2016)
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/ IP networking
• Knowledge of Server Administration on Windows 2008/ R2/ 12/ R2/ 2016, DHCP, DFS, Printing, Active Directory etc.
• Experience of working with monitoring tools, particularly PRTG and System Centre Operations manager.
• Excellent knowledge of Windows 10.
• Troubleshoot and solve complex problems from initial discovery to resolution, without any repeat occurrences.
Beneficial Technical Skills
• Prior work experience with Monitoring tools preferred
• CCNA or MCSA certification preferred
• Knowledge of ITIL, ISMS will be an added advantage
Key Behavioural Skills
• Very good communication skills.
• Constant urge for knowledge enhancement.
• Attention to detail and proven problem-solving ability.
• Flexible to extend work if required.
• Customer focused, with a can-do attitude.
• English language is essential, as will need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Hong Kong and Australia.
Fedby Information Services (P) Ltd is the Indian subsidiary of the UK-based Financial Express... group. Fedby is engaged in software development and analysis for other data vendors, institutions, financial advisers and private individuals enabling them to retrieve and analyse data in forensic detail.
Founded in 1995, Financial Express is a leading developer and operator of funds data websites and datafeeds. We are the largest distributor of fund data in the UK, and the main or sole supplier of fund data to many of the leading data vendors, including:
• Thomson Financial
We are a fast growing company with presence in London, Woking, Chennai, Hong Kong, the Czech Republic and Australia, with other locations coming up.
Read full description