1) Expert knowledge of company, industrial and labor legislation and applicable general laws and compliances thereof.
2) Expert drafting skills
3) Knowledge of local business and government rules and regulation
4) Ensuring that all areas relating to Company Law are adhered to, including the maintenance of statutory registers and the processing of statutory returns, and that the business of the Board and its committees is conducted in accordance with the Companys Standing Orders and Memorandum and Articles.
5) Convening of Board, Audit Committee, Nomination & Remuneration Committee(wherever applicable), Shareholders meetings from time to time
6) Preparation of Notice, Agenda and minutes for the various meetings as per the Companies Act and Secretarial Standards.
7) Ensure the co-ordination and effective operation of the Companys Board, Committees and other elements of the governance structure, providing support to Board Members and the Chair
8) Ensure that Board members act within their authority as outlined in the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the management agreement with the local authority, and conduct themselves within the terms of the Board members Code of Conduct
9) Ensure that staff, contractors, partners and consultants comply with all rules, regulations, standards, quality systems and legislation affecting corporate services
10) To develop and ensure compliance with Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and all legal, statutory and any other relevant provisions governing or affecting the Company and services are strictly observed
11) Keep abreast of changes in the regulatory framework, legal formalities and compliances. Review and finalize documents (MOU, Joint Development Agreement, Lease Deed, Sales Deed, Space Sharing Agreement , Agreement to Sell)
12) Co-ordination for obtaining necessary papers and documents from Corporate Secretarial & Legal Team, for participation in bids in India.
13) Co-ordination with Corporate Secretarial Team for Obtaining necessary authorizations for convening the General Meetings of various Companies in India.
14) Assist in preparation of bye laws and formation of an Owners Association by providing necessary legal support.
15) Work closely with external advocates to finalize pleadings to be filed before the relevant courts
16) Guide the Organization in interpretation of laws with respect to real estate, construction & environment, applicable to the business
17) Minimize penalties due to oversight / errors in legal and compliance matters pertaining to land acquisition.
18) Co-ordination with Secretarial Auditors for completion of Secretarial Audit.
19) Filing of various Forms and Returns with Statutory Authorities from time to time and seeking approvals wherever required.
20) Co-ordination with Statutory and Cost Auditors for completion of Statutory and Cost Audit respectively
21) Ensuring compliance with respect to operation of Project Office India.
A reputed manufacturing company of batteries