Soft skills Mentoring Module Overview
Pedagogy to promote self learning to develop industry ready IT professional, MSIT, a master’s program in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University and IIITH & JNTU mentors 100% employable IT resources .
The Soft skills Mentoring Module was launched to help improve language skills, career management abilities and cognitive skills for MSIT students just entering the world of work.
A Mentor at MSIT program is a teacher, mentor, coach and reviewer packaged in one. One who feels sense of achievement in the success of the student, takes measures that students receive the best possible learning experience, excite and work with them in teams as well as individually, mentoring them as they develop their employability skills.
We are looking for candidates with a drive to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Mentor, Soft Skill Development
Offer guidance, instruction and support to the students during MSIT program in a career oriented setting. Assist students in language, career management and cognitive skills in understanding the concept and its practical application for students to realize their full potential during employment.
1. Offer mentoring support for professional skills development. The Mentor should corroborate with students to offer superior learning experience by motivating and aids to enrich their knowledge and intelligence.
2. Identify student strengths and areas of improvement. Guide students by asking questions and guiding to obtain good Language and aptitude skills.
3. Evaluation of the students course work.
4. Insightful feedback on specific areas of improvement. Suggest appropriate corrective measures.
5. Content Development is a continuous effort to the courseware. The content development should provide self learning techniques/approaches.
6. Administrative support in operationalizing the program.
7. Based on the candidate’s capability, the role has scope to mentor new additions to the team, foster collaboration among team members and lead a group to continuously innovate and learn. We are open to offering a senior position to candidates who come across with this potential.
1. Excellent counseling abilities.
2. To be able to relate to students. Challenge advanced students and simplify concept explanation for those who are struggling.
3. Passionate about learning and a self quick learner.
4. Experience in managing/supervising teams – NOT A MUST.
6. Should be able to using, or willing to learn to use, different tools for tracking student progress and conveying information such as Google docs and email.
7. Strong collaboration and organizational skills. Should be deadlines conscious.
8. Ability to take initiative and follow through. Should be driven by outcomes.
Graduate in any discipline with English language proficiency.
• English language teaching experience. Prior experience in soft skills training in the IT industry will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency in LSRW; listening/speaking/reading/writing skills.
• Preferred 2 years of work experience.
Match the best in the industry.
Positions for hire :
10 (full time / Part time)
MSIT (MS in IT or Master of Science in Information Technology) is a two year post graduate... program in Computer Science started in 2001. MSIT is an innovative multi-university interdisciplinary post-graduate program. MSIT program is being offered by “Consortium of Institutions of Higher Learning” (CIHL), formed by the Universities and in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Pittsburgh, USA. MSIT is currently offered at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-H), Hyderabad, School of IT, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH), College of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK), Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur (JNTUA) and Sri Venkateswara University Tirupati(SVU).
MSIT has been designed to develop technically competent, highly productive, and self motivated professionals in tune with the demands of an ever changing market. The program aims to groom not only IT professionals, but also experts from other domains offering a unique and comprehensive program that exposes the learners to some of the finest universities both in India and abroad. At the end of their stint with MSIT, they will, armed as they are with new found confidence and vigor, step out into the world to further practice the skills they have learnt in this program. Read full description