• To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems(Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
• To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
• To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
• To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
• To install and configure new IT equipment.
• To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
• To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
• To create temporary user accounts and reset passwords ensuring that the correct permissions and data security are applied. This entails dealing with confidential information ensuring full compliance with the data protection act.