Leon is looking for a super talented Senior Software Engineer
to join our Leon'e Furniture Ltd team. A detail oriented person with a versatile approach, as the projects tend to vary.
technologies relating to LAMP stacks, experience with databases and data-driven application systems, a history of working successfully in small innovative software teams, and a flexible, upbeat approach to working with colleagues... Also to participate and become a key player within the Research and Development department and work on special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas;
following the software development lifecycle.
• Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and
• Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
• Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
• Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to
deploy/install/release those products
• Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Manager of Research and Development
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan, group medical insurance, long
term disability insurance, life insurance and employee discounts on product.
All applications are appreciated; however, please note, only those candidates selected for an email online interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume using Senior Software Engineer in the subject line.
• 8+ years of experience as a software engineer; demonstrated success developing a
variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design,
implementation and deployment tasks
• 6+ years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational
database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or
all of the following highly desirable: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
• 6+ years of experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier
architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security
• Familiar with server operation from the iron up.
• Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in
mixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows on desktop, server, tablet,
and mobile systems
• Previous experience configuring and using any or all of the following highly desirable:
HTML, PHP, AJAX, SOAP, Ant, Subversion, Git, TCP/IP networking, Push, LAMP stacks
• Web services APIs through web services
• Writing scalable, globally distributed applications
• UI and human-computer interaction design
• Enterprise application integration
• Blogs, wikis, folksonomy
• Content Management and Learning Management System exposure highly desirable.
Leon's equals Opportunity. Leon's is Canada's leading provider of home... furnishings, electronics and appliances. Many of our most successful associates started in entry level positions and through hard work and desire they made their way to where they are today. And where will they be tomorrow? The sky's the limit. These success stories are our company's greatest achievement. Despite an unstable economy, Leon's is still growing strong. Our rock-solid financial stability can provide the right candidate with limitless advancement opportunities. Whether your interests lay in sales, service, warehousing or management, you can't go wrong with Leon's. You bring the drive, determination and enthusiasm, and we'll open the door to a successful future for you. Read full description