Senior Project Manager
Work under a controlled and structured project management framework that follows industry standards (PMI) and meets customer requirements.
Follow the Standard Project Management Methodology for all orders and includes
Order Initiation ( Order Entry and Kick off calls )
Order Access Management
Order Execution with Provisioning and Engineering
Order Monitoring using System and Trackers
Order Closure including Billing Activation and Migration
Interface between Customer and Internal Functions/ Departments
Act as the Customers Single Point of Contact
Ensure customers requirements are well articulated and satisfied
Work towards achieving maximum customer satisfaction
Track milestones against interval dates and notification
Tracking Provisioning of Circuit/Security orders
Order sent to vendor
Firm Order Commitment received
Circuit delivered without any issues and final turn up
Tracking Customer Engineering implementation
Equipment shipment (Hardware shipment and logistics)
Coordinate install (Provisioning and coordination)
Billing Start Date & customer notification
Proper close-out of all tickets.
Send Weekly status update on all circuits (update status tracker spreadsheet for each customer)
Major milestones documented in Siebel Notes
Escalate all major jeopardy to Client Support Manager
Validate disconnects and Billing end date
Ensure service disconnects are completed and records updated (validate with Provisioning)
Ensure Dashboard View is properly reflecting new locations, LCON (Local Site contact), support contacts, escalations, etc.
Monthly report of service changes to validate billing.
Manage technical delivery resource assigned to virtual project team.
Ensure full hand over into support is achieved successfully prior to full customer acceptance.
Effective change management control within projects.
Provide timely and accurate reporting as specified.
Proactively manage and resolve project issues, risks and conflicts.
Ensure that all projects are delivered within scope, time, budget and quality.
Attend Weekly Project Review meetings.
3. TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED FOR JOB
PMP, ITIL trained, PRINCE2
1. Have managed mid-level / complex IT/Networks/Security related projects
2. Have managed multiple project deliveries / multi-site / multi -geography projects
3. Have interacted with global customers, including APAC, Europe and US and understands foreign culture
4. Have experience in a weak-matrixed organization where the ability to establish relationships with separate functional department resources will be key to project success.
5. Familiar with IT telecom related terms and process
6. Familiar with Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, MPLS, IP VPN, Network Security related products/projects
7. Have a flare of taking notes, be a good listener
8. Have good project management skills per PMI standards
9. Have a yearning for learning
10. Ready to work during US shift timings
11. Candidate has worked in an IT/Telecom domain
12. For other domains having experience on IT/Networks/Security/Enterprise Networks
Virtela is the world's largest independent managed network, security, and cloud... services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services - including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing mid-market and Fortune 500 companies around the world. Read full description
- Last updated:
- Job type:
- Full time
- Position type:
- Minimum experience:
- More than ten years
- Compulsory Education
Jobs in Project Management