The IP Analytics Department of Global Analytics and Legal Services (GALS) group is looking for - Senior Patent Specialist- who will provide patent application preparation and prosecution support to Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) business.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. The person is primarily responsible for assisting business IP counsels on matters involving drafting complete patent applications and executing patent office actions.
2. Works closely with inventors and business representatives to understand inventions and their business impact in the industry.
3. Assist US attorneys in describing inventions in written patent applications including drawings.
4. Assist US attorneys in analyzing official office actions and preparing explanations of features of the invention to Examiners in numerous Patent and Trademark Offices.
5. Includes drafting portions of patent applications and responses to Official Actions from Patent and Trademark offices around the world.
6. Conduct preliminary reviews of patentability and freedom to practice search results.
Skills /Competencies and Abilities:
1. Hands on working experience with US attorneys and US and Indian inventors to obtain global patent protection in the areas of petroleum refining and gas processing technologies.
2. Thorough understanding of basic patent concepts, patent procedures and patenting techniques is a must.
3. Candidate must have the ability to quickly understand new inventions, identify key issues & differentiators. Flexibility and ability to smoothly move from one technology to another are a plus.
4. Ability to conduct basic prior art searches using a paid patent database is highly desirable.
5. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. Particularly strong in persuasive writing and reasoning skills is highly desirable.
6. Ability to juggle many priorities and competing demands for the group's time based on business criticality.
7. Must be willing to travel to United States as required.
Qualification and Experience:
1. Bachelor /Master Degree in Chemical with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
2. The professional experience may consist of research, development and engineering (RD&E) with a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in patent preparation and prosecution."
Cross Roads India Assistance, India’s first and largest road side repair assistance service... provider. Established in 1999, we have by our side 13 years of ground fleet management experience. We attend to over 1100 road side repairs every day and had so far handled over 1.5 Mn road side repairs. We are also recognised as a critical service provider under social security category hence we have been allotted with a four digit number 1922 for the safety of the general motorist. Read full description